Port Fee Refund?

vwlmember

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It was a very lucky cruise, lol. I think we usually get $6. I don't know how it works tbh. I just know how to burn through our free play and leave with nothing (except this time).

I've read for my level it says I get $6 but read if you use it within 24 hours you get $8 which has been my experience. Usually see $8 but last time I got $6 because I didnt get in there soon enough. Got sick sunday tbh, 2nd leg and so that leg I got $6. Won $13.75.. cashed out took the $13 and gave away the voucher for 75 cents. Have to stand in line at the cashier to get change. Machine where you cash in vouchers only gives the dollar bills. 

I'll be looking for the lucky heidi machine and try to get in earlier in the cruise coming up.. I cant remember diamond as I didnt used to use the free money.  

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

How come I only ever get $2 in free play? 🤯

Every C&A level is supposed to get that, but higher tier C&A get an extra ($6 for D+) but you have to claim it the first few days usually to get that extra.

On Radiance Panama Canal recently we had to skip an overnight in Cabo because of a hurricane and did get money back.  $85/pp is what dh and I both recall.   Sometimes fees returned and other times not.  The amount of this was surprising.   Obviously cancelled shore excursion fee was also returned. 

• Like 1

Njkruzer,

Yes, we all got one day’s sailing refunded as OBC to our accounts on the Radiance Panama Canal cruise. My friend & I each got $68. It all depended on what we paid for our cruise. Funny thing was there were people on the “other” site that weren’t happy we didn’t get Port fees refunded too! Really?! Since we had to divert to stay out of the path of a hurricane, I fully understood & thought Royal was generous! We did the Spectrum in August & had to miss the first 2 ports to avoid a typhoon. We got nothing! First world problems! Just like being safe!

Barbara

Edited by Chase101

4 minutes ago, Chase101 said:

Njkruzer,

Yes, we all got one day’s sailing refunded as OBC to our accounts on the Radiance Panama Canal cruise. My friend & I each got $68. It all depended on what we paid for our cruise. Funny thing was there were people on the “other” site that weren’t happy we didn’t get Port fees refunded too! Really?! Since we had to divert to stay out of the path of a hurricane, I fully understood & thought Royal was generous! We did the Spectrum in August & had to miss the first 2 ports to avoid a typhoon. We got nothing! First world problems! Just like being safe!

Barbara

People seem to need something to complain about.  Didn't seem to appreciate that the captain kept us out of the storm.

Many years ago, can't recall if it was the Vision or Grandeur and we had to skip a port (can' t recall the port) because of rough seas and could not tender.  As we were waiting for further news it was announced that $50 OBC for each cabin and the bars would be open for free for 2 hours.  Guess what  put smiles on paxs faces.🤣

• Like 1