Just back!! Our VIKING LOFN-omenal "Passage to Eastern Europe" Cruise. 10/23 to11/2/2023 - Full trip report with tons of pix!

Sleep7

8 minutes ago, Rebel54 said:

Thank you for this.  Watching it right now.

👋 Hellooo Rebel54!

Thank you so much for your sweet sweet comments. I’m not home right now but when I get to my computer I have lots to tell you about the menus and the ports and the movie.😊

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

👋 Hellooo Rebel54!

Thank you so much for your sweet sweet comments. I’m not home right now but when I get to my computer I have lots to tell you about the menus and the ports and the movie.😊

Ah thank you so much 🙂  We (my daughter and I) are going with Avalon.  I lived in Germany for 3 years when she was a young girl so I'm excited to share this with her as an adult.

I am new to the Messianic faith and learning to follow the principles.  Giving up unclean foods was easy but traveling and eating out has posed a challenge.  I know that Avalon is great about addressing food concerns so I have some relief there.  The last time I was in Europe I was eating pork so no challenge, I ate everything. 

So excited about this trip.  Spending a week in Prague ahead of the cruise on our own.  My 8th time there.  8 months to go!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rebel54 said:

Ah thank you so much 🙂  We (my daughter and I) are going with Avalon.  I lived in Germany for 3 years when she was a young girl so I'm excited to share this with her as an adult.

I am new to the Messianic faith and learning to follow the principles.  Giving up unclean foods was easy but traveling and eating out has posed a challenge.  I know that Avalon is great about addressing food concerns so I have some relief there.  The last time I was in Europe I was eating pork so no challenge, I ate everything. 

So excited about this trip.  Spending a week in Prague ahead of the cruise on our own.  My 8th time there.  8 months to go!

🙋‍♀️Hello again Rebel54!

Oh how LOVELY you are going to vacation with your daughter.. what wonderful quality time!

You won't have any problem finding food on the ship that isn't pork or pork based.

Sam doesn't eat pork (he does eat shellfish) and there were always plenty of options for him at each meal.

I'm still icked by the "lard incident."😬

Not so much because it was animal fat but because it felt like I was eating Vaseline on bread.😵‍💫

Fantastic that you are spending a week in Prague and then boarding the cruise!

We sailed on the first part of your cruise from Vilshofen to Budapest in the fall of 2021.

Here is the link if you would like to see those ports. That was back in the day of COVID restrictions.  Sooo glad that's over with!😷

Last but not least I hope you found the movie "The Last Days" interesting.  I thought it was so well done.  So horrifying of course but it really told the stories of the survivors so carefully and completely.

Anyways.. enjoy every moment of your cruise!  It will be here before you know it.👏

😆Second last but not least..

Here is a link to all of the menus on Avalon last March. 

By this time you will surely be tired of our faces as they grace most of the posts but the menus will interest you if you want to see what food choices Avalon offers.😋

On 12/2/2023 at 1:54 PM, Sleep7 said:

🙋‍♀️Hello again Rebel54!

Oh how LOVELY you are going to vacation with your daughter.. what wonderful quality time!

You won't have any problem finding food on the ship that isn't pork or pork based.

Sam doesn't eat pork (he does eat shellfish) and there were always plenty of options for him at each meal.

I'm still icked by the "lard incident."😬

Not so much because it was animal fat but because it felt like I was eating Vaseline on bread.😵‍💫

Fantastic that you are spending a week in Prague and then boarding the cruise!

We sailed on the first part of your cruise from Vilshofen to Budapest in the fall of 2021.

Here is the link if you would like to see those ports. That was back in the day of COVID restrictions.  Sooo glad that's over with!😷

Last but not least I hope you found the movie "The Last Days" interesting.  I thought it was so well done.  So horrifying of course but it really told the stories of the survivors so carefully and completely.

Anyways.. enjoy every moment of your cruise!  It will be here before you know it.👏

I didn't realize until I was part way through, I had already watched it.  So sad but very well done.  I used to live in Munich and have been to many of the camps and memorials.  I can't understand how anyone supported any of that.  Hurts my heart.

I agree with you on the lard.  YUCK.  Makes me cringe just thinking about it.  Back in my Navy days I may or may not have eaten a vaseline and chocolate syrup sandwich as part of an "event" I was going through.  I survived but the thought makes me ill.  Smelling fish does as well, for the same reasons.  🙂

16 hours ago, Rebel54 said:

I didn't realize until I was part way through, I had already watched it.  So sad but very well done.  I used to live in Munich and have been to many of the camps and memorials.  I can't understand how anyone supported any of that.  Hurts my heart.

I agree with you on the lard.  YUCK.  Makes me cringe just thinking about it.  Back in my Navy days I may or may not have eaten a vaseline and chocolate syrup sandwich as part of an "event" I was going through.  I survived but the thought makes me ill.  Smelling fish does as well, for the same reasons.  🙂

It was such a powerful movie.. glad you saw it and remember it.

Oh my! A vaseline and chocolate syrup sandwich?  Actually it might sound better than lard and onions.:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rebel54 please I have nothing but full respect for you adopting a new faith but please - unclean food - we all, hopefully understand the Jewish faith in this respect but I for one do NOT eat unclean food, you may consider it such but I certainly do not.

All I’m sorry for my rant but please respect all. 

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

And a happy and healthy new year from......Chile.

🙋‍♀️Helloooooo MikeyB!

How nice to think of you and Mrs. B 'chillin in Chile for the holidays.😃

I'm sure your weather is much nicer there than here on murky and foggy Long Island.

Weather aside.. We had an excellent as usual Xmas day Chinese meal at Fortune Wheel in Levittown. Do try it when you get home. 

Enjoy every moment of your cruise! Wishing you safe and easy travels home and Happy New Year!

39 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

🙋‍♀️Helloooooo MikeyB!

How nice to think of you and Mrs. B 'chillin in Chile for the holidays.😃

I'm sure your weather is much nicer there than here on murky and foggy Long Island.

Weather aside.. We had an excellent as usual Xmas day Chinese meal at Fortune Wheel in Levittown. Do try it when you get home. 

Enjoy every moment of your cruise! Wishing you safe and easy travels home and Happy New Year!

Well it is sunny and clear skies here but "only" 68 degrees. I can honestly recommend the South America and Chilean Glacier cruise on the Jupiter to anyone.  Crew and food has been great.  Crew even smiles and greets you.

Sleepy...dont leave Viking but if you do,  let us know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Well it is sunny and clear skies here but "only" 68 degrees. I can honestly recommend the South America and Chilean Glacier cruise on the Jupiter to anyone.  Crew and food has been great.  Crew even smiles and greets you.

Sleepy...dont leave Viking but if you do,  let us know.

☀️68 and sunny sounds truly delightful.

What an exciting itinerary you are on.. hope it's been smooth sailing.  Is it generally rougher than the Med? Or is it just luck of the seas that week?

We will actually be on the Jupiter next summer for an Italian Sojourn.. looking forward to it!

Love love love Viking and will always include it in my rotation with an Azamara cruise or two in between.  They are definitely similar but a bit different too and it's always nice to experience both.😊

1 minute ago, Sleep7 said:

☀️68 and sunny sounds truly delightful.

What an exciting itinerary you are on.. hope it's been smooth sailing.  Is it generally rougher than the Med? Or is it just luck of the seas that week?

We will actually be on the Jupiter next summer for an Italian Sojourn.. looking forward to it!

Love love love Viking and will always include it in my rotation with an Azamara cruise or two in between.  They are definitely similar but a bit different too and it's always nice to experience both.😊

Rough seas are ahead.

Dramamine never far behind.

Just leaving Puerto Montt now.   Absolutely beautiful. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1st said:

Do you need to be a member of KLM or just have flown on them? Just curious how you can get in to use the services.

Thanks,

👋🏻Hi 1st!

Flying main cabin internationally.. I'm about 99% sure that we have access to the KLM lounge (as well any other Sky team lounge) because I am a Platinum Delta Skymiles member.  A companion is allowed in for free too.

I doesn't matter whether you are flying on a Delta, KLM, or Air France flight since they are all part of the Sky team partnership.

Hope that helps.😊