Chefs Table on Allure?

I've done it a few times on Serenade, Adventure and Harmony in the past year. The food is very good. Depending on the chef, it's interesting when they explain exactly how they prepare each course. If you don't have the drink package, it's especially worth the price. A welcome drink, one glass of wine with each course (5 courses) and the finale, a salted caramel martini. YMMV but I've had full glasses of wine served. The one I saved the menu from served the following wines: Attems Pinot Grigio, Conundrum white blend, Peter Yealands Sauvignon Blanc, Rombauer Chardonnay and Beringer Knight Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Although I've gone 3 times so far and the menu (other than the wines) is exactly the same each time you may want to do it one and done. It's good to experience at least once imo

• Like 1

We did it a few years ago on Allure and thought it was well worth it. Wife is allergic to sea food and they made several substitutions with no problem, wine glass was never empty and I drink a lot. It was held in the balcony portion of the D lounge with great views out the aft windows. At the time there was always someone walking around the Trellis bar offering a 2 for 1 on boarding day, Chef's table was always mid week.  

Just got back from Allure and did the Chef's Table. As mentioned above, it was in the balcony of the Diamond (now something else) lounge. The drinks are included even if you don't have a package.  I thought it was pretty good. There was a pinnacle next to me and she said the food was very similar to Coastal Kitchen. While the food was good, I think Chef's Table is often more about the presentation. This was no different. I do enjoy hearing about the process and the intimate dinner setting.

• Like 1

I have done it a several times on the Voyager Class ships. The room was very nice. You were received with a glass of real champagne (the french one not just the sparkling wine that sometimes they call champagne). The food was good, the pairing wines were good also. I am not sure how is it now. Overall I keep hearing from diminishing standards. Now guests just mention a “drink” as aperitif instead of champagne. It would be nice if someone who does it in the next months could tell us what is really being offered. 

8 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Now guests just mention a “drink” as aperitif instead of champagne.

Ours on Allure last week was a champagne cocktail so not as good 😞 I'm a champagne girl and would have preferred it strait!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HxFx said:

Ours on Allure last week was a champagne cocktail so not as good 😞 I'm a champagne girl and would have preferred it strait!

I agree with you. Does Royal still have the champagne bar on the ships? Didn’t they use to offer some lovely canapés on the champagne bar (with caviar)? Or am I confusing Royal with another company (Cunard maybe 🤔)

46 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I agree with you. Does Royal still have the champagne bar on the ships? Didn’t they use to offer some lovely canapés on the champagne bar (with caviar)? Or am I confusing Royal with another company (Cunard maybe 🤔)

They have a bar they call the Champagne (and Martini) Bar. They should lead with Martini because their Champagne/sparkling list was very small. I love a good martini so no complaints, but there was not much sparkling! I don't remember seeing any canapés but I didn't sit at the bar. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Heather sorry that we did not get to meet at the SB - John told me that you managed to meet up 

PS Next time 🥂 

Yes, that would have been great. I will say, with such a big ship and 4 days, it was hard to get everything done! Especially since that was my first Royal cruise and I wanted to see everything😁 I really enjoyed it and looking forward to my next one on Oasis next year!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Glad you enjoyed it

Hopefully Evelyn enjoyed it too 

Did you get to meet Ellen ?

Have a great time on Oasis 🥂

No, I only met John and very briefly Laura as she was on her way to get pizza. they seem like a fun group.

Yes, I think I created a new cruise lover! My husband and I are introducing my sister and niece to cruising on the Oasis so part of this shorter cruise was to scout everything out. I want make sure they become cruise fans too!

• Like 1