VIFP Math Check

sparks1093

Full disclosure- I earned my D- in math in HS honestly. We currently have 49 VIFP Points, our cruise in 2024 on Mardi Gras of 7 nights will give us 56 points, our cruise in 2025 on Horizon of 8 nights will give us 64. If we book a 7 nighter for 2026 (can you say Mexican Riviera?) that would leave us with 71 points, 4 shy of Platinum. But if we book a 4 night cruise to follow our Horizon cruise we would end the 2026 cruise with 75 points, making us Platinum for that cruise from the beginning. Yes? No? 

Your math is excellent @sparks1093. You've earned your 'gentleman's C'. 👍

Here's how it works. If during your cruise you earn the next level at any time, then that upgraded level applies from the beginning.  Here's the little thing that sometimes hangs folks up. Disembarkation day does not count.  So I've seen people claim 'Well, I'm still on the ship so this must count, right?' Nope. A 4 night cruise is four nights. That 5th day doesn't count.

I remember doing that same math several years ago. You'll enjoy the laundry benefit! We finally hit Diamond in a few months. I'll expect you to properly genuflect! 🤪

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Here's how it works. If during your cruise you earn the next level at any time, then that upgraded level applies from the beginning.  Here's the little thing that sometimes hangs folks up. Disembarkation day does not count.  So I've seen people claim 'Well, I'm still on the ship so this must count, right?' Nope. A 4 night cruise is four nights. That 5th day doesn't count.

I remember doing that same math several years ago. You'll enjoy the laundry benefit! We finally hit Diamond in a few months. I'll expect you to properly genuflect! 🤪

Oh absolutely I would! 🤣 I didn't think about the debark day issue but I was just going by how many nights each cruise is listed as, which sounds like it's good. Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jsglow said:

Where's mine?  There is a hierarchy.. SMH...😆🛳️ 🔷

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Hate to be the doom and gloom, you are correct as long as they do not change the program in the next three years

No doom and gloom, that's always a possibility with every loyalty program.

12 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

No doom and gloom, that's always a possibility with every loyalty program.

All true.  Really was not trying to damper the excitement.  They have been saying an update has been coming….for years.  Enjoy the journey to get there, might be the best benefit of it all.

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

All true.  Really was not trying to damper the excitement.  They have been saying an update has been coming….for years.  Enjoy the journey to get there, might be the best benefit of it all.

I've been around long enough to hear that chatter. Usually when a change is made they grandfather pax to a certain extent. I'm on a cruise and that's the main thing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I've been around long enough to hear that chatter. Usually when a change is made they grandfather pax to a certain extent. I'm on a cruise and that's the main thing.

Been on 60, have not lost the little rush when we board, hope we never do.

• Like 8

I remember the last upgrade.  Oh my, what a mess it was.  Some people were grandfathered, some were not and to make matters worse some people had their VIFP numbers changed.  It took months for them to straighten it out.  I hope when they do the next big change they will institute it better than the last time. 

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 1