Price drop - but TA is on vacation!

If booked through a TA, will RCCL speak to me about a recent price drop?

My TA won't be back for another week. At the moment there is one JS open to compare our price to and it looks as if we could save about $250.

I want to keep the JS I have - so I wouldn't want to cancel and rebook without her. She is checking her emails while onboard her cruise - but I'm not sure she can do any business with RCCL while cruising Tahiti.

Suggestions???

Is there not anyone else in her office? Surely she has a back up to help out in such situations. Why not book the new cabin, put it on a hold for as long as they will let you, if you are not within 70 days of the cruise, usually at least a week hold is allowed, then tell the TA to do her thing when she returns!

If booked through a TA, will RCCL speak to me about a recent price drop?

My TA won't be back for another week. At the moment there is one JS open to compare our price to and it looks as if we could save about $250.

I want to keep the JS I have - so I wouldn't want to cancel and rebook without her. She is checking her emails while onboard her cruise - but I'm not sure she can do any business with RCCL while cruising Tahiti.

Suggestions???

Just call the agency and explain. I'm sure they can help.

If you can't get ahold of anyone right now I would just book a JS cabin with RCCL and then cancel with your TA when she comes back. Then have RCCL transfer the booking to your TA but have the TA hold the cabin you cancled and they change it back.

That may not have made much sense! But RCCL seems to be doing the rate drops over the weekend when most TA are not working. Making it harder for you to get the discount. Seems alot of people have complained of this.

Are you sure your TA doesn't have someone that can help you? I am also a "one-woman shop" but when I go on vacation, my voicemail has a phone number of an agent friend that my clients can call if needed while I am gone.

Just a thought.

Patty

RCCL said if I can get an email from K** allowing them to make the price adjustment, they believe they will be able to help me if I fax the permission to them.

I have emailed her the request - but feel crummy about interfering on her well-earned vacation.

I know my friends traveling with me would appreciate the savings.

This is one instance where booking directly would have helped

Or booking with an agency that has a backup buddy agent while one is on vacation, a sales manager who could pinch hit, a customer service department who can also pinch hit.. and if push came to shove.. a documents manager who could pinch hit.

The agent will still have to call, to see if re-faring is possible.

If the price goes up before your TA can get the price adjustment. In a nice way I would make sure she knew about your problem. She may not be able to make up the entire differance but may throw in some extras to help make it up to you.

I suggest booking that last cabin right now through Royal Caribbean directly, otherwise if that 1 cabin is sold tonight your agent will not be able to get the lower price for you.

The cruise you are talking about is not until October anyway, so when your agent gets back you just have her switch the cabin you already have to that new booking number with the lower price. There should be no penatly fee once you cancel the other booking anyway, if that agent would charge you to cancel that first booking I would get a new travel agent since you are rebooking with her anyway after she gets home.

If it was me I wouldn't take the chance of losing that price. Not worth the risk. Book it now.

Jimbo:)

Jimbo

My TA has replied by email. She is hoping they will accept a fax of her approval since she has no access to RCCL while on ship (she does the bulk of her business with Princess)

Do you think I could just put it on courtesy hold until I fax them the TA's response tomorrow morning?

Thanks!

Jimbo

My TA has replied by email. She is hoping they will accept a fax of her approval since she has no access to RCCL while on ship (she does the bulk of her business with Princess)

Do you think I could just put it on courtesy hold until I fax them the TA's response tomorrow morning?

Thanks!

With only 1 cabin left. I would........Royal Caribbean will know what you are doing, just explain it to them when you are on the phone and when you are faxing them the information from your agent. That you just put the cabin onhold to get the price reduction. They will know what you are doing.

You can get a Courtesy Hold by booking directly on the RCCL.com website, meaning you don't have to put any money down. You will have 24 hours from right now to either make your switch or put money down to hold that price, that should give you enough time if your agent comes through with the fax that she promised.

I believe if you try to hold it over the phone they will want the $250 deposit for each person right away. Online they don't want it for 24 hours.

Good luck

Archived