Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

4 hours ago, caribill said:

This is so they can prepare your luggage tags for the end of the cruise and assign a disembarkation time and location.

The tags and the disembarkation information will be delivered to your cabin about 2 days before the end of the cruise.

I hear ya. It’s just a little different. What am I on? 23 cruises. This is something I would expect to see on Friday. Not Tuesday.

• Like 9

I saw people with stickers getting on tender/water shuttles and they were really checking those stickers. I asked officer sticker where I get my water shuttle thing. I don’t remember getting communication on it. He says photo place deck 6. I he there they tell me we aren’t busy enough to need them. I asked about the sticker guy. Those are excursions. So I think I’m in line for the first non-Princess excursion tender. Deck 5.

IMG_6641.thumb.jpeg.369e606102893738896fc8183ec13881.jpeg

IMG_6642.thumb.jpeg.4147c7b557834163a8bdcd1df79fea00.jpeg

• Like 10

Where someone was talking ages. I really haven’t paid attention. Looking around this boat I’d say it’s all 30-55. Most 40’s. Now I’m on the top deck with 20 other people. We had to climb a ladder to get up here so the 60+ are probably down below. Like that Statue of Liberty ferry where it was like a retirement community down below. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

@Saint Greg: I saw the Regal at anchor in Belize:

20231115_100651.thumb.jpg.0f9bf21a1b3d19b7c16ab46c8d2fa3bb.jpg

I'm on the Carnival Magic. The Carnival Dream is also here. It was just starting to get busy when I left the Belize port. 

I guess I'll have to say bye to both you and @BlerkOne when we leave. 👋

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I heard that as well. I would say it’s not true. That 80’s party went until midnight. Comedy tonight goes until 11:15. I would say it’s more like midnight that the ship is mostly closed up.

I haven’t had a hard time finding things I want to do at night. I’ll say this..NCL I did. I don’t know if it was the older ship or Alaska or what but there was basically 1 show a night and other than that you better like karaoke or a house band.

Here it’s more like fitting dinner into all of the things I want to do. Tonight there’s another comedian and an illusionist I want to see. There’s a game show I’d like to see as well but it’s the same time as the last comedy show so to make that work I’d have to see the earliest comedy show, the earliest illusionist show, then the game show..and fit dinner in there. Then that last show would end at 11:15.

Have to agree on the NCL v. Princess comparison on activities and ages.  In my experience, Princess seemingly had more variety of events through the day and night; and both are similar regarding how late things wind down. (The club party thing migrates to one of the lounges....)

I didn't find Princess as sailing with exclusively older passengers (we're mid-50's), but it did appear the median age was slightly older than NCL which seems to have more younger families. 

YMMV of course.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I haven’t had a hard time finding things I want to do at night. I’ll say this..NCL I did. I don’t know if it was the older ship or Alaska or what but there was basically 1 show a night and other than that you better like karaoke or a house band.

I think the ship size/age may have had something to do with it. I'm looking at Encore dailies in Alaska (research for a Joy Alaska cruise in 2025) and it seems like a good amount of activity.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

You see a lot of concerts on the schedule. I think this is Sanford and sons.

IMG_6537.jpeg

Uh...Mumford & Sons?

I sure don't remember Sanford & Sons ever doing a concert🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

One guy on the boat is exactly the attitude I don’t want to see people with on this cruise. And this is the first such comment I’ve heard. But as we were passing the Magic he points and says “I’m glad we came from our ship and not that one.”

It’s really not as much different or better as he thinks.

• Like 23

It’s pretty much the luck of the draw but from my experience these smaller boats get you there faster than the big ones. Like 10mins vs 20-25.

Being on the private tour helped this time because those big boats are full of the princess excursion people.

IMG_6666.jpeg

• Like 11