Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

53 minutes ago, icft said:

One of my minor irritations with Carnival is that in the MDR if you don't want to share a table they put you at a small table with other folks at another small table an inch or two from yours. How about Princess?

Sometimes it is 6 inches. 

Other times it is a normal table separation. 

14 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

How has comedy been? Comedy on Carnival has never let me down but it has on MSC and NCL.

They’ve been pretty good. It’s all clean..which is fine. It just doesn’t compare to an adult show on Carnival. I think I like all of these guys better than the one I had on NCL.

• Like 5

I wasn’t starving after that big lunch. But tortellini sounded good. So I just ordered the wedge salad and tortellini. Oleg has good suggestions and was trying to get me to order the land and sea on top of that. There’s no way. Not tonight.

IMG_7553.thumb.jpeg.26f93b44b51d5a182822a75cf2c2c182.jpeg

IMG_7554.thumb.jpeg.6059c09ebda218f1206100c5ea665e65.jpeg

IMG_7558.thumb.jpeg.29aeaf59ca3c6675119a5a9d44d3e628.jpeg

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They’ve been pretty good. It’s all clean..which is fine. It just doesn’t compare to an adult show on Carnival. I think I like all of these guys better than the one I had on NCL.

We had one comedian on Celebration that crossed every line imaginable. One show I counted 11 people leave, have never seen that. We saw him 3 times lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, luvcruzing said:

No more than six inches (and I’m being generous) apart on Carnival Celebration two weeks ago.

On the Glory you have plenty of room to walk between the table behind and your table, but often your table and one other, to your left or right, will be one or two inches apart. You can literally reach over with your fork and eat off the plate of the guy next to you. But since they are two separate tables they call it a private table. That's my minor irritation. But it still beats those tables for ten with everyone yelling to be heard across the table.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

These Princess comedians got a sweet deal. Work one night a week. One show. Two repeats. Done For the week.

They (and other guest entertainers) usually don't stay on for the entire cruise.  At the next port stop that has an airport they fly to meet another ship or if another Princess ship is in port (common on Alaska cruises) they just switch ships.  The obvious exception is on trans-Atlantics and trans-Pacifics.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, capriccio said:

They (and other guest entertainers) usually don't stay on for the entire cruise.  At the next port stop that has an airport they fly to meet another ship or if another Princess ship is in port (common on Alaska cruises) they just switch ships.  The obvious exception is on trans-Atlantics and trans-Pacifics.

Yeah I’m familiar with the process. It doesn’t seem the other lines move around as much as carnival. You probably don’t know but I maintain comedy schedules for carnival and NCl on my website. NCL ones frequently stay on the ship for 3-6 weeks. And the on NCL cruise I did the comedian did three shows in a week. I do come across some Princess comedians as well. Here’s one off the top of my head. Pretty much one ship a week. So if it’s like this one he’s working one day a week. Might get two in if he overlaps two cruises.

IMG_7590.png

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4