Favorite Caribbean Ports? Excursions?

That's a broad question. If you are thinking about 7 or 10 day RT Ft. Lauderdale cruises then I would suggest the eastern Caribbean over the Western Caribbean. If you are thinking about  longer voyages, such as two 10 day b2b then you will pretty much cover lots of the islands. Once you decide, then re-post and I'm certain you can obtain advice on tours. Many of the islands are easy to just walk around the town. 

• Like 1

Both things I am going to recommend where done prior to covid so things may have changed. 

My husband and I both went deep sea fishing in Grand Turk for barricoda which we each where able to land and have our pictures taken with the fish. Also kind of neat to see th Ruby princess over the top of the trees. 

At Princess cays we went surf fishing it was fun as well. 

Both were booked through Princess not sure if either is still offered. Both were a chance to do some fishing  and have fun at the same time.

Have fun planning your trip.

Yes, it really depends on what you like to do!  Are you more looking for culture and scenic drives, rum or tequila factory tours and tastings, jeep tours through the jungle - or do you prefer a relaxing beach day with a day pass to fabulous resort, or perhaps out on the water and checking out the marine life on a snorkeling tour to see the fish and corals, stingrays, or sea turtles?

I have limited experience in the Caribbean.  I LOVE snorkeling, my husband hates it.  My sister in law was dead set against a "lay on a beach" type excursion, other people want exactly that.

4 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Also, what do you like to do? Snorkel, sightsee, hike, distillary tour, shopping? That will help narrow it down. There's a LOT of info on the Ports of Call board for each of the Caribbean ports.

See the local history and the sites. How are the private islands? Any ports we should just stay on the ship? 14 to 17 days. Would like to visit both the Eastern and Western Caribbean.  

17 hours ago, JeffElizabeth said:

See the local history and the sites. How are the private islands? Any ports we should just stay on the ship? 14 to 17 days. Would like to visit both the Eastern and Western Caribbean.  

Have you done any Caribbean cruises before? If there are islands you've been to before, you probably have a better idea of what you want to do there -- e.g., just go to a beach rather than a tour. I like to do some kind of tour on a new-to-us island, whether an independent one (your Roll Call is a good place to see if someone has set one up) or through the ship. We haven't gotten to the point where we just stay on the ship in port. As far as Princess Cays, think of it as a beach day, or stay onboard.