How does Bidding Work?

chobo2

Hi

I booked a guaranteed inside suite for about $944 USD for 2 People Total plus hotel fee. I have now been offered to bid for an upgrade and am a bit confused by it. If I say bid on something higher (like a balcony) and bid $1000 will I now be paying $1944 USD or does my inside suite purchase get refunded?

I would think I would be paying the total of both, but when looking at the bidding values, I'm just not seeing much value if this is the case. I just checked for me to book a Deluxe Balcony on my ship with choice of room would be around $1945 total for 2 people.

The lowest bid I can do for deluxe balcony is $965 total for 2 people. If I add my original cost plus this bid cost what is rated of "poor" chance of getting I would pay total $1909 so $35 less but to get an "excellent" shot of getting it I would need to do $1,125 total which would end up $124 more than I would have paid.

Only thing that might seem like a deal is they have a MSC Yacht Clue Interior Suite with a "Strong" bid of about $2,000 so plus my $944 is would be about $3,000 to book the "suite" would be $4,700. 

Though I am not sure if they are even the same thing as the picture of going through the booking looks like it is a balcony and large room. The one that I would bid for looks like my guaranteed inside suite from the pictures yet costs $2,000 more.

Am I missing something?

Edited by chobo2

There is also the possibility that if you bid on a Yacht Club interior,  they may accept your bid,  but assign you to a deluxe balcony suite  (not really a suite,  but a large room.  Very nice.)  That is what happened to us.   For us, it was a fantastic bargain.   

This is the first time we have had a successful Bid.  We bought a Guarantee Balcony a few months ago and recently Bid to upgrade to YC.

The original Balcony has already been paid for.  The Upgrade ££ will be taken out of our Account soon or on Day of Sailing which is 10th November.

Hope you find clarity.

Good Luck.

x

The amount you bid is in addition to what you have already paid, or will pay if you have not made final payment. You are bidding per person. If accepted it will be on your credit card by the time you are notified that you won. EM