Carnival Firenze ~ NEW Inaugural Sailing

jsglow

If I had paid extra to be on the inaugural May 2nd cruise, I'd cancel and book it for some other time when you're not paying the inaugural premium for a cruise that isn't even inaugural.  We're well before final payment date.

People say they'd have been OK with it had the inaugural been delayed. Presumably because then you'd at least have gotten your money back and wouldn't be paying for something you aren't getting. Canceling at least accomplishes that.

Asking for a friend? Is being on a repeat inaugural cruise ( not this ship’s first cruise) that important to you all? I am sorry but I just do not get it, and is Carnival truly charging a premium for the perceived uniqueness of a ship that has been around the block for several years?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RD64 said:

Asking for a friend? Is being on a repeat inaugural cruise ( not this ship’s first cruise) that important to you all? I am sorry but I just do not get it, and is Carnival truly charging a premium for the perceived uniqueness of a ship that has been around the block for several years?

Yes carnival made this to be a big deal.

Announced it on all their media outlets,  multiple news outlets, then processed to call it their “inaugural cruise” To drum up attention, acted  like it was some kinda big deal.

when I booked (first day) the cruise was 100$ more per room than any other sailing on this ship and was a lot more than any other sailing this time of year. 

i didn’t look into it, (I should have) but the way they worded it I thought costa had just sold these ships pre sailing. I didn’t realize they were already used ships. 

if you care about 1sts (and I certainly do) it’s a big deal. As I said call me weird but everyone likes different things. Don’t yuck someone’s yum I always say. Disappointment can exist, I’ll tell that to your friend. 

Edited by KyloRen

On 11/9/2023 at 1:42 PM, TxTeach79 said:

They almost always do one or two pre-inaugurals with TAs and industry types onboard too. Back in that era of my life I did those on Zuiderdam, Conquest, Costa Magica, and Norwegian Jewel

Pre inaugurals are common and that is what the first sailing is. People need to relax...just like delays having the chance to sail early and make more profit is what the cruise line can and will do. What is the option ships sits there for a week ?

• Thanks 1