Symphony- Wow Bands

• 3 weeks later...

I asked this question before. I think it may be of value to many others.

Not knowing the size of the actual circle, not the band, can it be cut around the circle and placed in an Apple Air Tag Holder?

I have a Princess Medallion and use an Air Tag Holder. 

TIA

1 hour ago, asctony said:

Not knowing the size of the actual circle, not the band, can it be cut around the circle and placed in an Apple Air Tag Holder?

If you cut it very carefully, yes, it should fit. I would not assume many others would attempt such a thing (folks using a Wow band are already a small minority on the ship).

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

If you cut it very carefully, yes, it should fit. I would not assume many others would attempt such a thing (folks using a Wow band are already a small minority on the ship).

Thank you for your response and info. I greatly appreciate your time!

I used a medallion on Princess.

1.It allowed you to embark the ship without going to a desk in port on day 1 to get a cruise card. Never got a cruise card. 

2. You used it to get on and off the ship all the time.

3. You could find another person in your party location on the ship.

4. Used to charge your purchases without you signing any paper. Waiters could see on their tablets a picture of you when they took your order and delivered it. Safety! You didn't have to take your medallion out. 

5. Unlocked your cabin door without you taking it out or tapping your door.

At first I was not sure I like it. But after using it for 22 days in the Med, I think it is easy to use, has a lot of functionality & sold on it.

As Top Tier on Princess it was free, mailed to us free and provided us a lanyard free! We received it before the cruise and allowed us to get right on the ship.

People could buy bracelets, bands, etc., to place the medallion in. I used my Air Tags and it got perfectly.

How this may help others and even have RCI reprogram the functionality of the WOW Band!

Happy Cruising! 

5 minutes ago, asctony said:

Thank you for your response and info. I greatly appreciate your time!

I used a medallion on Princess.

1.It allowed you to embark the ship without going to a desk in port on day 1 to get a cruise card. Never got a cruise card. 

2. You used it to get on and off the ship all the time.

3. You could find another person in your party location on the ship.

4. Used to charge your purchases without you signing any paper. Waiters could see on their tablets a picture of you when they took your order and delivered it. Safety! You didn't have to take your medallion out. 

5. Unlocked your cabin door without you taking it out or tapping your door.

At first I was not sure I like it. But after using it for 22 days in the Med, I think it is easy to use, has a lot of functionality & sold on it.

As Top Tier on Princess it was free, mailed to us free and provided us a lanyard free! We received it before the cruise and allowed us to get right on the ship.

People could buy bracelets, bands, etc., to place the medallion in. I used my Air Tags and it got perfectly.

How this may help others and even have RCI reprogram the functionality of the WOW Band!

Happy Cruising! 

WOW band hardly has any of these features - just forget about the WOW band - it is totally useless!

Thank you for your advice and comments. 

You would think RCI would add that missing functionality. 

I don't mean to bash RCI. I'm just trying to info others and maybe RCI will improve the WOW band.

What do you think of the added functionality? Would you go for it? 

1 hour ago, asctony said:

I don't mean to bash RCI. I'm just trying to info others and maybe RCI will improve the WOW band.

IT is not their turf!

They can't even get the App to work properly or the messanger or the website....just forget the WOW bands - not worth the hassle! They don't even work for your drinks o lot of times...or the door or...