San Diego check in times

cmrvancouver

The route 992 bus runs every 15 minutes on weekdays....every 30 minutes on Sat & Sun.

Drop off from the airport to the B Street pier is very convenient.  From the pier to the airport requires a long walk to the intersection at Broadway.

Fare is now $2.50 (seniors $1.25) each way.

David

• Like 1

We boarded on the K'Dam Nov 4th in San Diego. We had club orange and our check in time was 11:00 with a Group A Boarding time.  We arrived at the terminal at 11am and after going through security and check in we were directed to a separate waiting area for, Neptune and Pinnacle suites, CO, and 4 and 5 Star mariners all in group A.  Group A did not start boarding until about 12:15. There were some passengers trying to board in Group A and when the HAL staff saw they were not in Group A they were told to go to the general waiting area and wait until their group was called. You had to show your boarding pass to board. This was a very nice amenity to have the CO priority boarding as there were several hundred people waiting in the general waiting area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We boarded on the K'Dam Nov 4th in San Diego. We had club orange and our check in time was 11:00 with a Group A Boarding time.  We arrived at the terminal at 11am and after going through security and check in we were directed to a separate waiting area for, Neptune and Pinnacle suites, CO, and 4 and 5 Star mariners all in group A.  Group A did not start boarding until about 12:15. There were some passengers trying to board in Group A and when the HAL staff saw they were not in Group A they were told to go to the general waiting area and wait until their group was called. You had to show your boarding pass to board. This was a very nice amenity to have the CO priority boarding as there were several hundred people waiting in the general waiting area.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, terrydtx said:

That's good info. We don't have club orange but have group a 11 am boarding time

9 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I printed out our boarding pass and our check in time says to be assigned.  We had CO.  When does the boarding time get assigned?

9 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Thanks for this @terrydtxTerry.  We will be boarding Saturday and even though we have CO, our check in time has been changed to 11:20, Group B.  We aren't having the best of luck with HAL and priority boarding, not in Alaska and now San Diego.  I must try and remember to provide this feedback to HAL after the cruise.  🙂

We have decided instead to stay later at our hotel and make our way to the cruise ship later in the day.  I really hate the hurry up and wait approach that cruise lines seem so eager to embrace and hope that by going later check in and boarding will be much smoother.

24 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

Thanks for this @terrydtxTerry.  We will be boarding Saturday and even though we have CO, our check in time has been changed to 11:20, Group B.  We aren't having the best of luck with HAL and priority boarding, not in Alaska and now San Diego.  I must try and remember to provide this feedback to HAL after the cruise.  🙂

We have decided instead to stay later at our hotel and make our way to the cruise ship later in the day.  I really hate the hurry up and wait approach that cruise lines seem so eager to embrace and hope that by going later check in and boarding will be much smoother.

We are on the same cruise.  We will be taking the same approach in hopes of avoiding the "hurry up and wait".  We are thinking we will drop our bags at the port and go to the wonderful SD waterfront and one of our favorites, the Brigantine Restaurant/Bar, right next door.  Cheers. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bemidji Ty said:

We are on the same cruise.  We will be taking the same approach in hopes of avoiding the "hurry up and wait".  We are thinking we will drop our bags at the port and go to the wonderful SD waterfront and one of our favorites, the Brigantine Restaurant/Bar, right next door.  Cheers. 

That's a great idea.  Thanks.  I will now search and see what is to explore on the waterfront.

24 minutes ago, BSR said:

There is no bar code on the boarding pass.  It does say Priority Boarding Pass at the top.

When is your sailing?  The bar code usually shows up about 2 weeks prior to sailing, the check in time about 1 week.

38 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

When is your sailing?  The bar code usually shows up about 2 weeks prior to sailing, the check in time about 1 week.

Thanks for the info.  I printed it to early. 

• Like 1

If you have a Group B assignment, you might want to reconsider your options.

A - 11:00AM    294
B - 11:20AM    208
C - 11:40AM    202
D - 12:00PM    232
E - 12:20PM    217
F - 12:40PM    208
G - 01:00PM    212
H - 01:20PM    184
I - 01:40PM    196
J - 02:00PM    188
K - 02:20PM    190
L - 02:40PM    171
M - 03:00PM    258

David

• Thanks 1

BOTTOM LINE If you do not have a bar code then reprint it a few days before or until you see the bar code.  The bar code gets you ON THE SHIP.  No bar code you have to go to another line to get it reprinted.  If you don’t reprint it and it shows your arrival time TO BE ASSIGNED then your arrival time reverts to AFTER 2 PM.    It will not say that on your boarding pass but that is what it will be.  Download the navigator app which will show your bar code and assigned time  in addition to printing it out.  
arrival time and boarding time are 2 different times. Boarding times are groups A, B,C etc ll

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAllenTCY said:

If you have a Group B assignment, you might want to reconsider your options.

A - 11:00AM    294
B - 11:20AM    208
C - 11:40AM    202
D - 12:00PM    232
E - 12:20PM    217
F - 12:40PM    208
G - 01:00PM    212
H - 01:20PM    184
I - 01:40PM    196
J - 02:00PM    188
K - 02:20PM    190
L - 02:40PM    171
M - 03:00PM    258

David

Are these numbers/times specific to the port, the ship or that specific sailing?

Yes, these groups are for Koningsdam 11/18/2023.

If I had Group B, I would certainly be in line at 11 am after dropping off luggage.

I would have my Navigator app on my phone with the bar code showing, or a printed bar code.

Disney boarding does not begin (other than a few Concierge and Back to Back) guests until 11:30 most days.

David

• Thanks 1

We arrived yesterday and took a taxi from the airport to our hotel.  We had to drive past the cruise port to the hotel.  For those wondering, I took note of the taxi fare at the cruise port and it was $13.xx and change.

• Thanks 1