Rotterdam aft-wrap Neptune

DaveOKC

I have not been on Rotterdam, however, I have been in an aft cabin (on Noordam).  It was not any more bumpy than other parts of the ship.  My wife, who gets motion sickness, had no problems with the cabin, while on Dramamine.

We absolutely loved the cabin.  My only complaint is that we were on the 6th floor directly below the smoking area on the Lido Deck and we got the occasional smell of cigarette smoke on our balcony and in our cabin.  It never lasted more than 5 or 10 minutes.

Have been in aft wraps on several ships, and on all but 8th deck on the Pinnacle class. Movement was a pretty minor issue in the open Atlantic.

The size variations can be fairly serious. Deck 4 and 7 are the largest cabins and balconies, in that order. Deck 6 and 5 are pretty small cabins (for Neptunes), particularly if splitting the bed. The balcony size is fine. I would not book Deck 5 or 6 aft wraps.

There have been many discussions on people's opinions of the aft wraps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had a Neptune aft on the Nieuw Statendam. Our cruise was the Midnight Sun in Norway. There were two days in the North Sea that were extremely rocky and bouncy. One night  bed lower drawers would roll out and back in so we put the coffee table against them. Overall, we love aft cabins but not in the North Sea.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...