Edinburgh HOHO Royal Edinburgh Ticket

K922

Hi

i am wondering if anyone has booked the Edinburgh Bus Tours HOHO Royal Edinburgh ticket that included admissions to Edinburgh Castle , Holyrood Palace and Royal Yacht Britannia plus all three bus routes?  If so did you buy it at the port or first stop or ahead of time online. It’s part of the tours sister buses to the X99 bus that runs from the port.  I am just trying to figure out our best options.  

thanks 

Edited by K922

• K922 changed the title to Edinburgh HOHO Royal Edinburgh Ticket
1 hour ago, K922 said:

Hi

i am wondering if anyone has booked the Edinburgh Bus Tours HOHO Royal Edinburgh ticket that included admissions to Edinburgh Castle , Holyrood Palace and Royal Yacht Britannia plus all three bus routes?  If so did you buy it at the port or first stop or ahead of time online. It’s part of the tours sister buses to the X99 bus that runs from the port.  I am just trying to figure out our best options.  

thanks 

I wasn’t on a cruise. I was staying in Edinburgh kitty-corner from Waverley Station, which is where the routes start. I can’t remember if I bought it on board or at the Lothian shop next to the station. You can buy it online too. 

4 hours ago, K922 said:

Hi

thanks 

Given your comment on the X99, I assume you're tendering to South Queensferry, rather than any of the other Edinburgh locations.

I'd wait and get the Royal Edinburgh Ticket from the Edinburgh Bus Tours ticket sellers at the end of the pier.  They will sell both the X99 ticket and any of the HoHo tickets, and take cards and cash.  If there is any reason you don't make it, then you've not wasted your money, and you'll have to speak to them anyway to get the X99 tickets.

Completing all three attractions and two of the HoHo routes (the red and the green one are essentially the same, and I always recommend taking the live guided green route rather than the pre-recorded red one) is a very full day.  It's possible, but you need to be quite slick with your timings if you're to spend sufficient time at each attraction. 

If it's the same next year as this, the X99 ticket lets you free on all the city buses and tram all day; if you think you'll be a bit short of time, consider using the tram (or a city bus) to get either to or from The Royal Yacht Britannia, as it'll be quicker than the HoHo bus.

2 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

Given your comment on the X99, I assume you're tendering to South Queensferry, rather than any of the other Edinburgh locations.

I'd wait and get the Royal Edinburgh Ticket from the Edinburgh Bus Tours ticket sellers at the end of the pier.  They will sell both the X99 ticket and any of the HoHo tickets, and take cards and cash.  If there is any reason you don't make it, then you've not wasted your money, and you'll have to speak to them anyway to get the X99 tickets.

Completing all three attractions and two of the HoHo routes (the red and the green one are essentially the same, and I always recommend taking the live guided green route rather than the pre-recorded red one) is a very full day.  It's possible, but you need to be quite slick with your timings if you're to spend sufficient time at each attraction. 

If it's the same next year as this, the X99 ticket lets you free on all the city buses and tram all day; if you think you'll be a bit short of time, consider using the tram (or a city bus) to get either to or from The Royal Yacht Britannia, as it'll be quicker than the HoHo bus.

Thanks for the info.  It was very helpful. I have been to Edinburgh before my sister and niece have not.  I really wanted to get tickets on shore because I have heard that the tender sometimes can’t run due to weather and that way like you said we won’t be out the money.  We really on focusing on Edinburgh castle and Holyrood palace.  We would only do the Yacht if we had time. I have been. So it’s not a big deal if we miss it. It basically free with the ticket when you add it all up.  

• Like 1