Does Oceania offer reduced rates as you get closer to sailing date?

zteamtwo

I just did a "pretend" booking on our cruise leaving Jan 19th on Vista.  I think right now there are about 66 cabins not sold and available. Not sure if Oceania does some kind of special promotion as we get closer to the sailing date.

14 minutes ago, zteamtwo said:

I just did a "pretend" booking on our cruise leaving Jan 19th on Vista.  I think right now there are about 66 cabins not sold and available. Not sure if Oceania does some kind of special promotion as we get closer to the sailing date.

Usually not..

They have many ways of selling out without lowering the price..

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zteamtwo said:

I believe that it’s going to be a Black Friday sale starting soon. There’s a chance that your cruise will be included with some kind of discount.

• Like 1

Yes Feta,  my O rep booked an Alaska cruise for me,  600 off a B1 for Sept.

Just not sure of the cabin. We are on the Marina now, so will check it with ambassador.

It is mid ship on 6, life boats right below.

Because it is with " the booked on ship", we have the best price guarantee, in case a better sale comes along.

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

Yes Feta,  my O rep booked an Alaska cruise for me,  600 off a B1 for Sept.

Just not sure of the cabin. We are on the Marina now, so will check it with ambassador.

It is mid ship on 6, life boats right below.

Because it is with " the booked on ship", we have the best price guarantee, in case a better sale comes along.

Thanks, enjoy your cruise.  Will be on alert for when sale fares are available to the public.

I'm skeptical that best price would be applicable, since you booked a sale fare.  Tried recently to use my Future Cruise Deposit Certificate for a cruise on sale.  Only the deposit would be applied.  No other benefits of cert would apply.

Oceania have a ‘best price guarantee’. I booked a cruise for next January and it was vastly reduced in the Summer Sale so had it repriced and the new price.

Future Cruise Deposit …. we have had a couple and discovered that they just aren’t combinable with other offers. In fact if you look carefully there may be several offers applicable to some cruises but you can normally only apply ‘one’! So you have to pick the best for you!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vallesan said:

Oceania have a ‘best price guarantee’. I booked a cruise for next January and it was vastly reduced in the Summer Sale so had it repriced and the new price.

Oceania does not have a best price guarantee, unless booked on board. Yes sometimes you can have your (non booked onboard) cruise re-priced. Sometimes you can’t. It never hurts to ask.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Oceania does not have a best price guarantee, unless booked on board. Yes sometimes you can have your (non booked onboard) cruise re-priced. Sometimes you can’t. It never hurts to ask.

Maybe it was just a UK thing. Possibly they don’t offer that anymore. I’m in Europe at the moment so can’t access the UK site to check.