TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

Just now, JaneRetired said:

While a minister at NTSU (now UNT) my dad got his Masters of Theologyn  (Social Ethics) at Perkins Seminary, a branch of SMU. Graduated in 1963 with 4 kids one on the way! ❤️

the world gets smaller! My mom got her masters of divinity at Perkins! 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Funsince1983 said:

How many times can you disappoint me in one day? No half burnt down golf course motel. No Panda Express. What's next?

want me to add to the frustration with a tease….? Look at my view from this barstool…

IMG_0055.thumb.jpeg.ab15e73fe26aae175699ed14e29a891b.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 18

11 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

the world gets smaller! My mom got her masters of divinity at Perkins! 

Sweet! My amazing dad died at 95 in April this year. I  started rereading his "Connections" memoir when triggered by your posts about UNT. It took me on a delightful wormhole dive from 2nd grade at Stonewall Jackson Elementary, near UNT, to being outed on the cover of the Denton newspaper as part of a girl tomboy group taking over a boys treehouse in elementary school at Woodrow Wilson elementary, where the principal Sammy Spratt walked with a paddle named "Red Rider"- painted red with big holes in it, for more pain. Yes, teachers, in the 60's kids got beaten by teachers and principals.

Dad went on to get Doctorate in Ministry from San Francisco Presbyterian Theological Seminary in 1977 at 50. He performed marriages for me TWICE! My first cruise (Princess) was on his idea, The was hired as a minister on many cruises, and he suggested all our family, kids, spouses, grands to one. Princess cruise to Alaska from nearby our home in San Francisco. Easy on them in 2009. I upgraded my first cruise room to a tiny balcony so they could sit out and see the glaciers, without walking up to see it on deck.. Dad made everyone, even the grands, carry a bottle of wine onboard! What a lovely memory. He and my mom cruised alot as a minister before, neighbor was was a TA.  That first cruise was first for all of us except mom and dad. ❤️

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Stallion said:

An SMU fan's "compliment" to the Mean Green:

North Texas had a very offensive performance today

it’s good to break the slide. Credit to your Ponies too, that should punch a ticket to the AAC title game

(obviously my game isn’t on here. I’m streaming)

IMG_0061.thumb.png.4dee72dafbb2f6cd16040f9afe3ef5cc.png

• Like 2