TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

8 hours ago, onlyano said:

I graduated with my Masters from UNT at 42, in 97. I thought about a PhD, then I "un-thought" about it.

if I had a dollar for every time I’ve “un-thought” it, student loans would have never been an issue

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

@TxTeach79 does school get out at 4:05, or do you stay after school a certain amount of time each day?  

School ends at 3:45, our contract time ends at 4:05... depending on the day, there are tutorials, games, performances, grading to get done, lessons to plan, etc. Last night I was here til 9 working basketball games. But today? Cruise day? I'm out the door at 4:05 sharp. Well, once my crosswalk duty ends. But it'll be right around there.

• Like 12

@TxTeach79 We did the Sky Midnight Sun cruise in June, absolutely our best cruise ever.  I don't know if you've been to Norway but the best way I can describe it is the little villages at Epcot except they're real and there's fabulous scenery surrounding them.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, edspec said:

@TxTeach79 We did the Sky Midnight Sun cruise in June, absolutely our best cruise ever.  I don't know if you've been to Norway but the best way I can describe it is the little villages at Epcot except they're real and there's fabulous scenery surrounding them.  

I have not. It's near the top of my list! This is great to know.... hopefully this cruise goes well and I can nudge @HelloItsMeB in that direction and I can find a decent deal, because it's squarely on my radar. That cruise is one of the big reasons I'm branching out to Princess here

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, edspec said:

That cruise pushed me firmly into the Princess camp.  The cruise itself, the activities, and I liked being able order drink package items to my room...well, there were 3 am cheeseburgers as well.

You had me at "3am Cheeseburgers".... and yeah, the room service drink thing seems great. Really looking forward to some balcony time 

• Like 5

There aren’t a lot of conventional extrensic perks in this gig, so when freebies come, you jump on em. Hopefully the Horizon Court rivals these culinary delights…. Three more classes to go… Map Quiz day proceeding smoothly thus far…

IMG_9970.thumb.jpeg.aa58e852b4a0e501f78994a68d3c5c4f.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Update: sewage has backed up through the 8th grade bathrooms again. Ironic considering there is currently an investigation ongoing as to who relieved themselves in the most evil of ways on the 7th grade girls' bathroom floor. Pep Rally is in jeopardy. Thereś only one administrator on campus. Chaos abounds... but a cruise looms. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 21

43 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Update: sewage has backed up through the 8th grade bathrooms again. Ironic considering there is currently an investigation ongoing as to who relieved themselves in the most evil of ways on the 7th grade girls' bathroom floor. Pep Rally is in jeopardy. Thereś only one administrator on campus. Chaos abounds... but a cruise looms. 

In case you didn't know, 4 hours 10 minutes to go.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

Have no idea how I missed this!  I think this is the latest I've ever been!! 

Glad you didn't sail without me!!

Got to go catch up

Hugs

happy to have you onboard! See, sometimes when you get to embarkation a little later, you breeze right onboard! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Nice thing about pep rally schedule Friday is having a conference period adjacent to my lunch. Running to the store to grab a couple last minute essentials for the road…. This way I can come straight home after work and get to relaxing and packing….

IMG_9974.thumb.jpeg.ac52b5d218c3b4016001105f19db5a52.jpeg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

School ends at 3:45, our contract time ends at 4:05... depending on the day, there are tutorials, games, performances, grading to get done, lessons to plan, etc. Last night I was here til 9 working basketball games. But today? Cruise day? I'm out the door at 4:05 sharp. Well, once my crosswalk duty ends. But it'll be right around there.

We'll need pictures of your cross-walk uniform.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Stallion said:

We'll need pictures of your cross-walk uniform.

At some point they ordered us some of those fluorescent vests and little stop signs. Not only was it cut for a skinny gymnast, it looked ridiculous. We soldier on

Edited by TxTeach79
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Almost four hours of middle school basketball later, finally in the door back home at 9:03. That was a 13 hour grind of a day, but we are one day closer…. I can almost taste it!

IMG_9957.thumb.jpeg.7f34d15cbad1fc951748b9ead78a73ef.jpeg

LOL DH can relate...I sure was on the other side for a number of years w/ our kiddos too.

Good times.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@TxTeach79...OMG I bow down to you.....you deserve SAINT HOOD being a teacher in today's world.

It is the Good Lord's way of making sure you are READY for your cruise!

I know I said it before, but I agree, you are a saint for being a teacher.  Also, you should get extra points for teaching junior high.  Thank you for doing God's work.  I hope you enjoy your cruise.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1