TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

1 minute ago, Funsince1983 said:

You gotta take her on VV. Best espresso martinis EVER at The Grounds Club. 

IMG_2096.thumb.jpeg.e85571ee728d3df804abed9099c484bc.jpeg

now that’s a picture! How does the no drink package thing work over there? I haven’t looked into it too much but that worries me 

5 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

now that’s a picture! How does the no drink package thing work over there? I haven’t looked into it too much but that worries me 

Drinks are super reasonably priced - you can buy a bar tab beforehand, for every $300 you get an extra $50, usually there's at least $300 included with the price of the trip. I've only done one VV so far but it was a girls trip, we had a $300 bar tab, brought on our two bottles of wine, also purchased splash of romance (lol) which got us a free party with champs, rosé and sangria one night, and also a bottle of champagne. We had like $7 left of our bar tab the last morning of the cruise that we spent on coffee. 

edit - oh and they give out free champagne during sail away and you play a drinking game if you have dinner at Gunbae, free limoncello after dinner at Extra Virgin

Edited by Funsince1983
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Funsince1983 said:

Drinks are super reasonably priced - you can buy a bar tab beforehand, for every $300 you get an extra $50, usually there's at least $300 included with the price of the trip. I've only done one VV so far but it was a girls trip, we had a $300 bar tab, brought on our two bottles of wine, also purchased splash of romance (lol) which got us a free party with champs, rosé and sangria one night, and also a bottle of champagne. We had like $7 left of our bar tab the last morning of the cruise that we spent on coffee. 

edit - oh and they give out free champagne during sail away and you play a drinking game if you have dinner at Gunbae, free limoncello after dinner at Extra Virgin

good info - thanks!!! Maybe we’ll look into that! I’ve been reluctant but I’m not entirely sure why

• Like 2

My medallion is a little laggy with the door lock. It definitely doesn’t unlock when I get close, and I have to press it directly against the sensor a time or two to get it to unlock. At least in my two attempts so far. May be my aftermarket watch band. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 6

5 hours ago, bethfelk said:

My best princess tip/hack (unless they’ve changed it last December) is that you can go to regal.princess.com on the ship wifi to view the schedule in an easier to read layout than the app imo. I found this really nice on my last cruise so I’m curious if it still works

They have CHANGED the layout--note @TxTeach79 screenshots above. 

It is MUCH better now instead of the scroll up/ down & side to side debaucle.

Guess they DO sometimes read those surveys!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

So they’re loading people into three different pens, closing the rope behind us, and then metering people in one pen at a time every so often. I just entered the third one, so I’ll probably be here a minute. We’ve just hit one hour outside. 

IMG_0136.thumb.jpeg.03df4b3d126d06a1e048fdeb33481c03.jpeg

IMG_0137.thumb.jpeg.403b016ff0e735f44bc4d2a2ea5066fb.jpeg

Honestly that resembles the disaster known as Vancouver. Last time I took Princess out of Galveston  that was not my experience. That was also pre-covid right before they quit sailing from there, but geez - that's enough for people to question their choice.

😞 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

Honestly that resembles the disaster known as Vancouver. Last time I took Princess out of Galveston  that was not my experience. That was also pre-covid right before they quit sailing from there, but geez - that's enough for people to question their choice.

😞

yeah, I’ve talked to a few people who sailed Ruby from here and said it was nothing like that. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Lots of cool features on the in cabin TV. Weather forecast for the whole trips. I have two NFL games on rn. 

IMG_0238.thumb.jpeg.260076866bf1fc64a818322dfdc67300.jpeg

Oh No! Its going to rain your entire cruise!

(often heard from rookie cruisers-its the Caribbean-it often rains especially in the late afternoon-then it stops)

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2