Magnetic hooks for the cabin

zitsky

I think I have one set of 80 lb and one set of 100 lb. The ratings are direct pull, not vertical as on a wall, so anything over 10 pounds or so on a wall might slide down. Unless you are hanging very light stuff, spring for at least the 50 lb.

14 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

We were just in a Sky Suite on Millie and the walls were not magnetic like the other cabins. I saw someone say something about magnetic wall by the TV but I never tried there. We were in 6099 but I imaging they are all the same.

I was on Millie Oct 24 sailing and posted previously.  I had magnets with me and tried multiple places, the wall across from the desk is magnetic.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gold1953 said:

All S and M class have a wall that attracts magnets which  is the one that the desk is on..

Not true on Millie.  When she was revamped the Sky Suites walls are not metal by the desk.  The metal wall that is left is the wall across from the desk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Can you point me to one on Amazon?  Or a brand name?  Thanks.

And what’s the heaviest thing you’ve used with those non magnetic hooks?

I don’t need hooks for the ceiling.  I was bitten by a radioactive spider.

These are the ones I tool on Millie last month.  They are very strong and worked great.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BZNL2ML9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

You still can put them together for packing -- saves a lot of space. Just put a few on one side of a piece of wax paper and snap one on the other side of each.  They would be hard to pull straight apart but you can slide them off. Roll it up, put in a large ziplock bag.