NCL Sun cruises disappeared after March 2025

Ulsteinvik

The e-mail implies that the new Sky itineraries are available now, but only if you call???  Weird.

"To apply the above-mentioned FCC towards rebooking your vacation on Norwegian Sky, you may book your cruise now and have the FCC applied to your reservation once it becomes available on December 11, 2023, by contacting us directly at the phone number listed above or by contacting your travel professional."

34 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

New 2025 cruises on the Sky are now available!  I just re-booked my original 10/23/25 cruise with the same ports and cabin category for slightly less money.

Hey thanks for the heads up.  You’re right…same dates, itinerary and cabin for less.  NICE,

• Like 2

There's currently still a gap in the Sky schedules from Mar 13, 2025 (Seoul) to Apr 12 (Doha).

That does leave open the possibility of a connection from the Sun arriving Singapore on Mar 25 to catch the Sky towards Europe, if the two missing cruises have the right date in Singapore!

29 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I still see a cruise from March 17 to 28 2025 from Bali to Singapore. 

The cruise previous is from Auckland NZ to Bali.

Thank you. I could have sworn it wasn't there this morning but I was exhausted so must have missed it. Thanks again

On 11/21/2023 at 11:10 AM, BigRedFan said:

Just got the cancellation notice from NCL!  The March 28th and the April 12th are cancelled!  

I also had a separate European cruise for July of 2025 on the Sun cancelled.  Needless to say I am not happy.

Genzi

My "cancelled" cruise still appears in my NCL Account as active. 🤔

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

My "cancelled" cruise still appears in my NCL Account as active. 🤔

Ours too.  And while we were able to use our 10% to rebook same itinerary for same dates, different ship…our PCC couldn’t release the CF certs we have on ye cancelled cruise.  Oh well…we wait.

Following from Cruise Industry News:

Norwegian Cruise Line has cancelled sailings on the Norwegian Sun between March and November 2025, according to a letter sent to travel advisors and booked guests.

“As a result of a fleet redeployment, Norwegian Sun’s sailings from March 28, 2025 through and including November 3, 2025 have been canceled,” the company said.

The cancellations amount to 22 sailings, and Norwegian was quick to note the Norwegian Sky will be offering similar cruises during the same timeframe.

The sailings ranged from week-long cruises to two weeks and more, in Europe and the Middle East.

The ship’s current published deployment ends in late March 2025 in Singapore.

Update:

“As part of a fleet redeployment to accommodate strong demand for longer more immersive itineraries in exotic destinations, we have canceled Norwegian Sun’s sailings from March 28, 2025 through and including November 3, 2025,” said a statement from Norwegian Cruise Line.

“We will be redeploying her, and her new enhanced itineraries will be available to book soon. All changes are being communicated to impacted guests accordingly. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate the understanding of our loyal guests and travel partners as we navigate this fleet redeployment and optimization.”

On 11/15/2023 at 6:31 AM, Ulsteinvik said:

Seems that NCL is making changes, NCL Sun not bookable anymore for the Europe Cruises 2025. Her last cruise in the system ends now on 28 March 2025 in Singapore.

I looked at the port schedules of Amsterdam and Le Havre for 2025 and they show now the NCL Sky in Europe instead of Sun.

Being repositioned

On 11/27/2023 at 6:50 PM, laudergayle said:

Ours too.  And while we were able to use our 10% to rebook same itinerary for same dates, different ship…our PCC couldn’t release the CF certs we have on ye cancelled cruise.  Oh well…we wait.

My "cancelled" cruise finally disappeared from my account yesterday.

On 11/27/2023 at 6:50 PM, laudergayle said:

Were you able to find a replacement cruise for the India itinerary?

31 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Were you able to find a replacement cruise for the India itinerary?

Ours was Lisbon, Canary Islands, Morocco.  We also got our cruise first certificates back yesterday when the original cruise finally disappeared.  If your deposit was via credit card, it may take up to two weeks (from what my PCC has said).

34 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Ours was Lisbon, Canary Islands, Morocco.  We also got our cruise first certificates back yesterday when the original cruise finally disappeared.  If your deposit was via credit card, it may take up to two weeks (from what my PCC has said).

I did that cruise this past Spring.  It was wonderful. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1