AARP member credit

REOVA

HAL says that your AARP credit can only be used on new bookings. Today I received an email stating sorry but my booking was made before the program started and they are denying me obc for a particular cruise.

That cruise was last month and I previously got an email stating they will give me the obc as a one time gesture for being 5 star. They did and cruise is over. 🤪

Like every cruise, every ship and every phone call, we get different answers. (There's no HAL in CONSISTENCY)😁.

Who has received AARP OBC for bookings made before the program started, what is your Mariner status and did you have a PCC, TA or call direct to get it? (Only those that have successfully received please reply). Trying to see how this is allocated. 

I joined AARP after the program started and have a cruise booked for next year that was made before the program started.  I joined AARP after the credit was announced and applied for the HAL credit with their form.  My TA checked a few days later and the OBC was listed on my cruise!!!  I'm four star. Happy for me, but dang, the HAL phone people need to be trained better and with consistency!

~Nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, REOVA said:

Who has received AARP OBC for bookings made before the program started, what is your Mariner status and did you have a PCC, TA or call direct to get it? (Only those that have successfully received please reply). Trying to see how this is allocated. 

I received AARP OBC for several cruises, but I did not request for bookings prior to the start of the program. The program launched in July - all the bookings I submitted were July and after.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am 5* & did not get AARP added to cruises booked before the program started.  However, price just went down on a booking, it was repriced & now I have the AARP OBC.  Travel agent handled it all so I’m uncertain how it was handled.

Edited by Duquesmom
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Could someone be so kind as to post the process for getting the AARP credit?  I don't think I received any kind of communication from AARP about this.  I have one already booked cruise coming up.  Would it be a good idea to call HAL and see if I'm eligible? Or is there an online way to do this? Thanks for any info.

Amazing  that Holland America  states that your Mariner number pulls in all the credits do to you & your booking  . Well that is NOT true . I have 2 bookings made Oct 23 ,2023  .One a 10 night cruise with the $1/00 each deposit & the  7 night B2B with a $1000 .00 deposit .Both cruises go to the Mexican Riviera  & we did not get the AARP credits on each booking  . So we now need to call them & speak with a supervior to manually apple the   2   AARP creits due us 

Over all I am acr=taully finding a cruise line called Holland America has little or bo regard to keep their faithful customer base .It seems to me obvious when they do not care enough to have a working web site as well as applying the AARP creits that they told us that will happen  . imo devious methods are now happening by this cruise line .These are not mistakes .These non truths lead me to be very apprehensive 

I added it before I booked.  I don’t see it on my booking but I emailed the PCC and asked them to send me something because we have discussed it several times.  I think it will be fine but I just wish I could at least see it on my mariner ID or account like I could when I was first searching cruises online.  It might be there somewhere but I have not been able to find it. 

I tried to add my AARP number to my booking and was told it could not be done, as I booked right before it started.  I tried multiple times.  Even called my PCC with no success.   

Last night I did a mock booking to see if this cruise came down in price for the Black Friday sailing.  It did, and the booking was showing the AARP credit.  I won't be canceling and rebooking.  I will call my TA for a reprice.

Edited by Dancing Shoes

14 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

I tried to add my AARP number to my booking and was told it could not be done, as I booked right before it started.  I tried multiple times.  Even called my PCC with no success.   

Last night I did a mock booking to see if this cruise came down in price for the Black Friday sailing.  It did, and the booking was showing the AARP credit.  I won't be canceling and rebooking.  I will call my TA for a reprice.

You should get the credit when you rebook at the BF rate.  I upgraded my Signature to a Neptune and when I got my change pdf paperwork it included a $100 on board credit just for me that wasn't  there previously.  Travel partner is not AARP.    I had the AARP benefit appliesd for 2025 cruises so maybe it came up in my account.  Please ask your TA to look into getting your benefit if rebooking.  

Thanks Ottahand7.....

My cruise only fare is with a non-refundable deposit.  That's ok. My TA called and got the reduced fare sale, $300 as an OBC.  Can use to pay my gratuities.  We tried for the Black Friday prepaid gratuities, but HAL said no.  

Edited by Dancing Shoes

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

We booked a Black Friday deal with prepaid gratuities last weekend.  We  get OBC from our Stock holdings.  I just found out about this AARP OBC.  If I join AARP today can I apply and receive an additional $100 OBC?  Thank you for your advice.

You can try but they may say no it's after booking. But being so close you may get lucky. There is no consistency how they apply it. I initially got an email rejecting and also got one approving (I usually send email to 2 different places just to see). Same with stock approval, the first email said approved and second email said they need more info (I went with the first which showed in my revised statement). So it's a toss up. 

8 minutes ago, REOVA said:

You can try but they may say no it's after booking. But being so close you may get lucky. There is no consistency how they apply it. I initially got an email rejecting and also got one approving (I usually send email to 2 different places just to see). Same with stock approval, the first email said approved and second email said they need more info (I went with the first which showed in my revised statement). So it's a toss up. 

Thank you.  Who are the two emails you sent your information to?  I see a form you fill out for verification , is that the whole processes?  Or do I need to send out additional emails to someone?  I don't understand this process.

1 hour ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

Thank you.  Who are the two emails you sent your information to?  I see a form you fill out for verification , is that the whole processes?  Or do I need to send out additional emails to someone?  I don't understand this process.

Do the verification form first. Oh I see you were not actually members at the time of your booking! That may complicate or result in denial. The process is (1) belong to AARP, (2) get verified, THEN (3) make your booking.

You can TRY forwarding the verification email to 

Reservations_submit@hollandamerica.com

with your booking number and an explanation; you may or may not get the OBC. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 3:16 PM, crystalspin said:

Do the verification form first. Oh I see you were not actually members at the time of your booking! That may complicate or result in denial. The process is (1) belong to AARP, (2) get verified, THEN (3) make your booking.

You can TRY forwarding the verification email to 

Reservations_submit@hollandamerica.com

with your booking number and an explanation; you may or may not get the OBC. 

Thank you for this email address. I emailed about my booking and was informed that the OBC had been applied on 10/22. It doesn't show on any of my documents from my travel agent, so I wasn't sure whether it had been applied or not. I received the email response about 48 hours after submitting. Thanks, again!

57 minutes ago, SCCruzers said:

Thank you for this email address. I emailed about my booking and was informed that the OBC had been applied on 10/22. It doesn't show on any of my documents from my travel agent, so I wasn't sure whether it had been applied or not. I received the email response about 48 hours after submitting. Thanks, again!

Have your TA revise the booking printout. Not sure why but mine had to get a supervisor to check a box to apply the OBC and they resent me the revised statement which then showed the additional OBC. 

On 11/30/2023 at 10:01 AM, REOVA said:

Can you let me know emails you used for requesting the AARP Member Credit?

20 minutes ago, Lost in Italy said:

Can you let me know emails you used for requesting the AARP Member Credit?

GuestRelations and World_cruise_reservations are 2 that I use to check status if not showing in my profile. They probably go to the same mailbox. 🤣 

• Like 1