Princess food - what are your favorites ?

Cruisin' Family

What are all the best foods we need to try while we are on board?     My favorite part of cruising is eating all the yummy food they have.  It's been three years since we cruised Princess and we don't want to miss any of their best dishes.   We will be sailing Regal in the Caribbean.     Thanks!

• Like 1

CNN released their reader's choice of the best 50 foods in the world. Number one was Indonesian Beef Rendang. Princess served this dish on the Emerald in August. It was as good as I've had in Singapore where I lived for a time.

I figured they would hold back on spice intensity for westerners, but they didn't. Not to be missed.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 5

Having last cruised on Princess as long ago as 2003 onboards Sea Princess I look forward to what the food will be like next year aboard Sky Princess. I know that our previous cruise on Princess was a bit of a downer for my wife as there was lots of fish, which she's not partial to and has to be a bit careful with shellfish and she can't eat salmon although I love gravlax. She spent the enter cruise eating very little other than steak. So I am hoping there's plenty of choice.

I really enjoyed the chilled soups in the MDR when I first spotted them on the menu, but if you interpret them as just a fruit smoothie, that might turn you off their initial allure. I still really enjoy having them, though, as I do not drink smoothies at home.

For some reason, the only meal item I can really remember from my Princess cruises has been salmon. They tend to make good salmon. The (I believe?) mango salsa that goes with some of the salmon (or other fish?) has been great. Apologies for the mundanity.

I used to enjoy a variety of whipped cream cakes and Tiramisu, but they've been replaced by no sugar added or mousse cakes. The sugar substitute imparts a strange taste. I'm not sure if this is a bit off-topic, but I really want to find out why. Perhaps mousse cakes are cheaper, and fewer people prefer sugar-free options?

I like the fact that I don't have to cook or wash dishes so that makes anything a plus, but specifics I look forward to are: the made to order omelets in the buffet for breakfast, the little breakfast muffin/quiche things & the cookies in the International Cafe, a lot of things vary from ship to ship so sometimes something I have loved (like the french onion soup, fettuccini alfredo or love boat dream) is then disappointing on another cruise but here are some things I normally really enjoy

the breads!

2022-01-0418_26_47.thumb.jpg.3816fdddf9771fe8679c25a2bb4c485d.jpg

the hazelnut bar with citrus cream (my favorite of the old norman love chocolate journeys, so glad they have kept it)

2023-03-0520_03_43.thumb.jpg.253b341558bc0b5a7bfb889cea35eff6.jpg

pub lunch 

2023-03-0612_34_27.thumb.jpg.fc60c99957e1886278e9992ece1eb962.jpg

my sissy likes the always available shrimp cocktail & the various creme brulees