Sharing Platinum meals with non-Platinum guests

Candy Apple 12

There are five of us traveling. Two platinum and one bronze in one cabin. When I booked it I didn’t think to put the bronze latitude guest as one of the first two in the cabin, so the two platinums have the free at sea 3 SDP package plus the two latitude coupons. The two gold guests have their own cabin and each have 3 free at sea SDP meals. I was thinking of buying a 4 SDP for the bronze guest and using the two platinum coupons as shown below. Will this work? I think we’d all like to eat dinner together every night instead of the two platinum guests having two additional specialty meals. 

IMG_1360.jpeg

Edited by Candy Apple 12

If it's not too late, you should put the two platinum cruisers in separate cabins so that you can get the four platinum coupons to make your chart work.  As long as they are in the same cabin, you're only going to get one set of coupons

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

If I'm understanding what you are trying to do, the answer is no. The platinum coupons are 2 dinners for 2, not 4 individual dinners.

If I understand OP correctly the idea is to go together to for example Cagneys where ”Platinum 2 guest” will use a platinum coupon with ”Gold 2 guest”. That definitely will work. Also for Teppanyaki the idea is to go together to Teppanyaki where ”Platinum 1 guest” uses the platinum coupon with ”Gold 1 guest”. We have done this type of thing many times and it is 100% doable. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

3 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

If it's not too late, you should put the two platinum cruisers in separate cabins so that you can get the four platinum coupons to make your chart work.  As long as they are in the same cabin, you're only going to get one set of coupons

my bad.  I was reading the chart wrong.  I see now that you're only using two coupons, not 4.  So, it looks like you're good.  But still, if you split up the platinums, you can get an extra set of platinum dinners if you want

1 hour ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

If I understand OP correctly the idea is to go together to for example Cagneys where ”Platinum 2 guest” will use a platinum coupon with ”Gold 2 guest”. That definitely will work. Also for Teppanyaki the idea is to go together to Teppanyaki where ”Platinum 1 guest” uses the platinum coupon with ”Gold 1 guest”. We have done this type of thing many times and it is 100% doable. 

I also read the chart wrong...you are correct.

7 hours ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

I read it this way as well, its well thought out and will work. 

But I would still move the platinum's to one per cabin (on paper) to double the vouchers.

Edited by ziggyuk

10 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I hadn’t thought of putting one platinum in each cabin. We sail in 17 days, so I think it’s too late. Otherwise I would have tried to move the Bronze passenger up to guest #1 or 2 in the cabin with the platinums. I don’t think NCL wants us to play musical cabins this late in the game.

I appreciate the suggestion though because I am trying to plan another multi-cabin cruise and will definitely try to place a platinum in each cabin if I can convince everyone from this trip to join us on the new one I’m planning. 

8 hours ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Yes, you understand my proposed plan correctly. Thank you for sharing your experience. Now I know that I can go ahead and buy the 4 meal SDP for the Bronze guest and follow this chart once we are on the cruise so I don’t mess up my plan. 

Edited by Candy Apple 12
  • Like 1

You get two extra dinners for two (and another bottle of wine) if you split the platinums and get duplicate keys. Keeping the bills straight becomes harder for those doing the room swap. 

At this point, Just get the bronze a dinner package and you’ll enjoy your cruise. 

@Candy Apple 12, we did exactly this on a 7 day cruise in May. My DW and I were Platinum, traveling with our son as the 3rd in our cabin (no FAS) and our son and friend who were in an inside cabin. We were able to use the Platinum coupons so that we all went to Teppanyaki and Moderno without paying extra for anyone.

Enjoy!

I have been told (never tried it myself) that you can go to the Latitudes desk and get a second set of platinum coupons so that each platinum cruiser has a set. I know that the perk is supposed to be per cabin - but again I have been corrected here on CC for stating that by people who have claimed to get extra cupons.

20 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

I have been told (never tried it myself) that you can go to the Latitudes desk and get a second set of platinum coupons so that each platinum cruiser has a set. I know that the perk is supposed to be per cabin - but again I have been corrected here on CC for stating that by people who have claimed to get extra cupons.

You can get another set of coupons if there are more than 2 platinum members in the cabin. So yes, it's per cabin, assuming double occupancy. But 3rd platinum is also entitled to free meals.

• Like 2