Harmony VS Adventure. Easter Caribbean vs Mexico..thoughts?

Cloverpk

Hello! Our family (2 adults and a 14 yo) are split on our upcoming Spring Break cruise (March 2024). We are currently booked in and ocean view on the 8 night on adventure out of Port Canaveral. Initially booked due to price and ports we’ve not experienced (DR & Virgin Islands). For this cruise we’re required to fly. With the Black Friday sales we can do a 7 night on Harmony in a boardwalk balcony however, we’ve done those ports over 5 times. Cheaper price but doesn’t require a flight. Cruised Allure last spring break and the husband loved it, so he wants the Harmony. Daughter and I lean towards new ports, however I’m concerned with an 8 night it’ll be less kids cruising for her to make friends with. I apologize for the novel, but any one with teens sailed the 8 night and them not be bored? The Harmony does look nice, but what excited new things are there to do in Roatan and Cozumel? 

I am a huge fan of oasis class because of all the entertainment options . We love Cozumel loads of things from dolphin encounter to great restaurants and bars also some ruins . Adventure is voyager class which still has I show and decent entertainment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I loved allure too and not driving. 

I doubt there will be a lot fewer kids on the 8 day because of the 1 extra day, but it's a smaller ship with less for kids to do imo. The big oasis class imo are more geared to families. 

Do you do a excursion in each port. That could add up. I booked the twister boat for my cozumel stop next may. It has a inclusive beach but I've been wanting to do that particular boat a while so booked it. I'm tired of the western ports and I've done them more than 5 times lol.

I also have adventure eastern and southern booked, 8 days. For the ports. PR virgin islands etc. I know adventure isnt as new and as nice as harmony imo. I like the bigger ships.

I vote for harmony because you can drive. ..though I agree about adventure for the ports, not the ship.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I loved allure too and not driving. 

I doubt there will be a lot fewer kids on the 8 day because of the 1 extra day, but it's a smaller ship with less for kids to do imo. The big oasis class imo are more geared to families. 

Do you do a excursion in each port. That could add up. I booked the twister boat for my cozumel stop next may. It has a inclusive beach but I've been wanting to do that particular boat a while so booked it. I'm tired of the western ports and I've done them more than 5 times lol.

I also have adventure eastern and southern booked, 8 days. For the ports. PR virgin islands etc. I know adventure isnt as new and as nice as harmony imo. I like the bigger ships.

I vote for harmony because you can drive. ..though I agree about adventure for the ports, not the ship.

When we’ve done the Mexico route, we’ve mixed Cozumel with go on our own and a combo of Mr Sanchos types. Costa Maya we’ve done the ruins, stayed in port went to the crab place. Roatan we’ve only done Little French Key. Right now in Labadee we have booked the zipline. Looking at a multi adventure of atv/horse riding in DR and snorkeling with turtles in St Croix. 

• Like 1

I vote for the new ports and 8 nights. Adventure is a good ship. There will be 350 kids instead of 600 kids, still plenty of friends for your daughter. She won't be bored, I'm sure she'll join one of the roving bands of kids and you won't even see her for a few days.