Celebrity compared to Princess

stevenr597

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

For me, it's simple. One has a balcony and the other doesn't. Add to that, Concierge Class on X doesn't add any perks that are of interest to me, and the choice gets even easier.

Agree!  We always thought that Concierge Class was somewhat of a rip-off and not worth any extra money.   We did like AQ.

Hank

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I did not say it was never.. I said "It is not one of the Elite perks" meaning it is not now a perk Elite's receive. 

Hold on there seems to be a misunderstanding here.

Elite have never received free speciality teas and coffees except at the Elite Coffee House breakfast.

Elite+ get free speciality teas/ coffee/chocolate hot and iced in Al Bacio all day every day. Also free speciality coffees at dinner

19 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Hold on there seems to be a misunderstanding here.

Elite have never received free speciality teas and coffees except at the Elite Coffee House breakfast.

Elite+ get free speciality teas/ coffee/chocolate hot and iced in Al Bacio all day every day. Also free speciality coffees at dinner

My reply that you quoted above was in response to this.  

image.thumb.png.607a6bb3d02c3b6c95668029f6f64375.png

Since I was not sailing Celebrity in 2012,, I had no idea if this was true or not but I know it's not true now. 

31 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Agree!  We always thought that Concierge Class was somewhat of a rip-off and not worth any extra money.   We did like AQ.

Hank

I only paid up for CC one time--to get an aft balcony on M-class before they were reclassified as SV. I didn't care about any amenities that came with the cabin, just the location.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

This is true on the majority of Celebrity ships too.  You have to go to an accessible room if you want a curbless shower at the suite/mini-suite equivalents.  I like HAL's solution: both a tub and a separate walk-in shower in their Neptune Suites. 

That's really not the thrust of OP's question, though, which is a comparison between two different room types.

I agree the original OP was comparing standard balconies and I believe I made clear that we would choose X's as its bigger.

I also pointed out that the cabin doors (and corridors) are wider on X which is important if you need to use a Walker/Rollator.

Princess's solution was to offer a mini suite but on checking the lack of a shower made this impossible.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

My reply that you quoted above was in response to this.  

image.thumb.png.607a6bb3d02c3b6c95668029f6f64375.png

Since I was not sailing Celebrity in 2012,, I had no idea if this was true or not but I know it's not true now. 

I think it's "upwarduk" who confused the issue and I was doing my best to clarify it.

Your original statement/quote is correct.

Free speciality teas/coffees have only ever applied to Elite+ and above.

We reached Elite+ in 2018 and upwarduk in 2022 at which points we all became entitled to this very useful benefit.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Princess also has far superior speciality dining.

Oh, boy, this is an area we STRONGLY disagree.

We find Princess to be at the bottom of specialty dining of Celebrity, RCCL, NCL & DCL.

Celebrity is #1 for us.

23 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

My wife and I are planning to take a cruise of the Southern Caribbean, approximately 10 days.  We are looking at two fairly attractive cruises, although we give a slight edge to  the itinerary from Celebrity.  The cruises are:
1) Celebrity Beyond: Premier Concierge Class
2) Enchanted Princess: Reserve Class

We have sailed many times on both Princess and Celebrity and like both.  We will be a party of 3 and do not qualify for Aqua Class.

Opinions......

Concierge is by & large a waste of $ over a regular balcony.

If itinerary & price were comparable, Beyond EVERY TIME. Eclass is a step above in all areas.

I don't feel those Reserve class "perks" are all that valuable for price paid, JMO.

Now, if the price was a lot more on Celebrity, I'd like go Princess.

Additionally, if a true balcony experience is important, you need a Sunset Balcony or a Sky Suite or above on Beyond. (I'm ambivalent about IVs...balconies in general, so I'm not a good just on that one)

THAT BEING SAID,