Is there any way to get my cruise info on PC after embarkation?

leishirsute

It appears Viking inaccurately expects people to have cellphones in order to get their cruise information after embarkation as they remove any trace of a booking on the myvikingjourney website after departure.  One would expect the info on the website to match the info on the phone app.  Is there any way to get my cruise info on a Windows laptop after embarkation?

Edited by leishirsute

• leishirsute changed the title to Is there any way to get my cruise info on PC after embarkation?

Did you check the Microsoft store to see if there is a Microsoft version of the Viking Voyager app?

If no app, make sure you have copies of your Cruise Documents on your laptop along with anything else you may want to access while traveling. 

You will be able to use the guest interface on you TV to access some of the Viking Voyager functions like making a dinner reservation or booking additional shorex or reviewing your onboard account. 

3 hours ago, leishirsute said:

It appears Viking inaccurately expects people to have cellphones in order to get their cruise information after embarkation as they remove any trace of a booking on the myvikingjourney website after departure.  One would expect the info on the website to match the info on the phone app.  Is there any way to get my cruise info on a Windows laptop after embarkation?

As Peregrina suggested you have your invoice and pre-purchased items that will list the dates, and ports, and any pre-purchased items such as included or optional excursions.

When you board, you will receive an envelope of all your shore excursion "tickets" day-by-day that will outline what you are doing and when.

Not everything that is on MVJ is on the Viking Voyager App anyway...

What specifically are you looking for in information?

57 minutes ago, leishirsute said:

I was trying to access the same info that is available on the VV app for the phones.

As  others have said, once you are on the  ship you can  make reservations etc. on a phone app VV you have downloaded  or on your tv in your  stateroom or go to guest relations or various dining rooms to make reservations. I take it you are on a Viking ship but do not have a cell phone, correct? 

11 hours ago, leishirsute said:

MVJ is just a web page. It has nothing to do with being on a phone, as the info simply goes away when the cruise starts. I really don’t understand why. The times for excursions and such are available in the Viking Voyager app… maybe that’s what you’re asking for on a laptop?  (Edit: I see you replied to that effect and I missed it. I was responding more to others talking about MVJ. )

but if you can access email, just look at the cruise documents they emailed you. 

Edited by Frisky070802
Clarification

8 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

When you board, you will receive an envelope of all your shore excursion "tickets" day-by-day that will outline what you are doing and when.

Just for clarity for any new Viking cruisers, this envelope will be in your cabin, not given out at check-in when you receive your room keycard. Also, it is good to check those tickets against the times and the excursions you are expecting, as on occasion there may be differences.

Edited by lackcreativity

All of the information on MVJ (and more) gets sent to as a PDF in the e documents file you get sent by Viking about 2 weeks before you sail.  You can either print this info out from the PDF, or just have it accessible to you in your email on your phone or tablet.  

When you get onto the ship, all of this info is also programmed into your tv under excursions and dining, other than your flights/hotel info after for extensions.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lackcreativity said:

Just for clarity for any new Viking cruisers, this envelope will be in your cabin, not given out at check-in when you receive your room keycard. Also, it is good to check those tickets against the times and the excursions you are expecting, as on occasion there may be differences.

Over the years, I have seen the delivery of shorex tickets done in a variety of ways and for our last few cruises they were given to us at check-in.  Bottom line is that there is no fleetwide standard.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Over the years, I have seen the delivery of shorex tickets done in a variety of ways and for our last few cruises they were given to us at check-in.  Bottom line is that there is no fleetwide standard.  

Thanks for your helpful update. On each of our cruises, including the one this October, they have been in our cabin. However, I should not have assumed all sailings are handled the same way. Learn something new every day!

Edited by lackcreativity

20 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Agree - since COVID we've done many cruises and excursion tickets were always handed to us in an envelope upon checkin, along with cabin keys.   Before COVID, they were in the cabin.  So who knows - may it's the new standard or maybe it is just a coincidence.

24 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Agree - since COVID we've done many cruises and excursion tickets were always handed to us in an envelope upon checkin, along with cabin keys.   Before COVID, they were in the cabin.  So who knows - may it's the new standard or maybe it is just a coincidence.

Coincidence, I think.  But the more we  share experiences, the more I think that there maybe two driving forces: how the hotel manager likes to handle it and the capabilities and capacities of the folks running the show at the checking booths.  

Personally, I prefer getting them at check-in because it eliminates having to guess where to find them in the cabin (because in all the times they were in waiting for us in the cabin, they weren't always in the same place. 

Edited by Peregrina651
  • Like 2