How long can a TA hold a cruise without payment?

LadyJake

I have not cruised with Celebrity so I don’t know the answer.

This question is really for my daughter.
She told me this - We have spoken to a TA and have a cruise held. It sails in early January 2024. She has not given me a confirmation number or asked for payment. It’s been a week since we spoke. How long can this be held without full payment. I’ve tried to contact her, but she hasn’t returned my calls. Should I be concerned?

I would be. I would be calling Celebrity directly and ask if I do or don’t have a cruise on the books.

Thanks for your input!

It’s well past the final payment date for January cruises. If you don’t have a booking number and haven’t made payment you do not have a cruise held or booked. If you want to cruise in January you’d best contact another TA and book and pay for it.

As Miss Vickie mentioned, you are well past final payment date. You don't have a booking number and it sounds like you haven't given a deposit.  If you want to cruise in January, you should call Celebrity directly and see what they have available for the date you want. 

Within final payment it will not hold more than the same day and will auto cancel overnight. Outside of final payment I believe it’s roughly 5 days although they can extend it sometimes (or just drop it and hold a new one if prices haven’t changed) 

I would email the agent and let them know that since you haven’t heard from them you will book elsewhere. Get a new agent or book direct, only 2 months out they should be taking full payment immediately. If the TA unresponsive before you even book there is little hope they will provide much value. 

On 11/19/2023 at 2:56 PM, Miss Vickie said:

It’s well past the final payment date for January cruises. If you don’t have a booking number and haven’t made payment you do not have a cruise held or booked. If you want to cruise in January you’d best contact another TA and book and pay for it.

good advice.. that TA dropped  the ball or dropped your dtr!

we already made final for our Jan 28th sailing..have our ins etc

booking late, she may not get what she thought was on hold,  but might get a last minute  deal...

• Like 1