Question on Wonderland (on Anthem)

parkbr

Hi, 

We will be sailing on Anthem next March and we want to try Wonderland. 
We've never tried specialty dining, so I am not sure if the price is right, which day to go, etc etc. 

We know we do not want to do this on the first day, and formal nights (especially, the lobster night - as some of us are fans of seafood).

What other themed days are there? 

Also, there is 10% off right now for booking specialty dining. Is that normal/good? Do I wait longer? Buy it when I am on-board? Or wait for Black Friday? 

Or can my TA book this for me? 

Thank you!

We are on Anthem in December and February. These are 7  day cruises. On both of these cruises Formal night is on Day 2 and Dress Your Best is day 6. Day 6 is lobster night. You can also go to the app and check the other nights for the MDR menus and decide what night you want to go to Wonderland. When you purchase Wonderland you can always cancel and rebook if the price goes down but I suspect this week will be the best price. You can also change your night once you get on the ship assuming they can accomodate you. If you have a TA you can still purchase through the cruise planner yourself. We enjoyed Wonderland very much. Have a great cruise.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:31 PM, Jcol5786 said:

We are on Anthem in December and February. These are 7  day cruises. On both of these cruises Formal night is on Day 2 and Dress Your Best is day 6. Day 6 is lobster night. You can also go to the app and check the other nights for the MDR menus and decide what night you want to go to Wonderland. When you purchase Wonderland you can always cancel and rebook if the price goes down but I suspect this week will be the best price. You can also change your night once you get on the ship assuming they can accomodate you. If you have a TA you can still purchase through the cruise planner yourself. We enjoyed Wonderland very much. Have a great cruise.

Thank you so much! I didn't know I can cancel and rebook! That's great to know. 🙂

I will definitely check MDR menu. 🙂 - I just have to navigate, as I am not sure where it is!

On 11/19/2023 at 6:23 PM, Biker19 said:

Try it for lunch first to see if it’s for you at least than 1/2 the price of dinner for basically the same menu/food. 

Thank you! I am not sure if they have lunch. I will look into it. 🙂

On 11/19/2023 at 6:42 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Check out some Quantum Wonderland videos on YouTube.  Totally  different experience compared to Oasis Class Ships. 

Oh, I didn't know. I will YouTube it. 
Have you experienced both? If yes, how was your experience?

13 hours ago, parkbr said:

Oh, I didn't know. I will YouTube it. 
Have you experienced both? If yes, how was your experience?

Twice on Oasis Class and probably a third time in a few years. It is just so different than we find it fun. 

Walked in on Quantum, it was so small with tables very close together. Turned around and walked out.  

On Oasis class it is two stories with 18 foot windows, Top story has bar and small lounge.

This is looking down from the bar area balcony.

image.png.82f256eb355ae525825088aacee37dad.png

We did Wonderland on the Symphony. Loved the experience. The food was good, but the themed experience was even better. The characters and the atmosphere put you into Alice's Wonderland.

We did this again on the Anthem this past October. This time, it was a whole different experience. It was very obvious that this venue used to have a different use. Then somewhere along the line, someone decided to try to change the decor and call it Wonderland. The menus were worn out, no "characters" such as the Madhatter, the atmosphere was different, and the food? Well, just didn't live up to our expectation.

28 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

We did this again on the Anthem this past October. This time, it was a whole different experience. It was very obvious that this venue used to have a different use. Then somewhere along the line, someone decided to try to change the decor and call it Wonderland. 

That space was always Wonderland. 

Anyone been to Wonderland on Wonder?  Sounds like the experience is different by ship.  We have it booked for the experience (food seems a bit weird but wanted to try it at least once).

Only dinner is offered.  Curious what ships offer it at lunch?

5 hours ago, klfrodo said:

We did Wonderland on the Symphony. Loved the experience. The food was good, but the themed experience was even better. The characters and the atmosphere put you into Alice's Wonderland.

We did this again on the Anthem this past October. This time, it was a whole different experience. It was very obvious that this venue used to have a different use. Then somewhere along the line, someone decided to try to change the decor and call it Wonderland. 

except it wasn't.  It's exactly where is was on the Quantum, the first ship to have Wonderland.

43 minutes ago, dahirsh said:

except it wasn't.  It's exactly where is was on the Quantum, the first ship to have Wonderland.

If my observation was mistaken, then I'll accept that.

If true, then Royal put zero thought into it and it's disappointing. Wonderland on Symphony was a true delight compared to Anthem. The difference is night and day like a county fair is to Disney World.

13 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

If my observation was mistaken, then I'll accept that.

If true, then Royal put zero thought into it and it's disappointing. Wonderland on Symphony was a true delight compared to Anthem. The difference is night and day like a county fair is to Disney World.

And the same holds true for Izumi. Very limited seating, tables were set up in the walkway butting up against the Bionic bar. I think they had a large closet the did not know what to do with, cut the space in half with Wonderland on one side and Izumi on the other. Chops and Jamie's were both awesome, we had a window seat with a great view of the bottom of a life boat.  But it was a booth and a window. Thought Vintages was a 10+, it was our go to voucher bar. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, klfrodo said:

We did this again on the Anthem this past October. This time, it was a whole different experience. It was very obvious that this venue used to have a different use. Then somewhere along the line, someone decided to try to change the decor and call it Wonderland. The menus were worn out, no "characters" such as the Madhatter, the atmosphere was different, and the food? Well, just didn't live up to our expectation.

Wonderland's space on Quantum class ships has always been Wonderland - supposedly designed for that space. But yeah, even knowing this, it still "looks" like that space was repurposed, so I can see how you'd feel that way.

But the rest of your post is spot on with my opinions. Wonderland on Symphony is a completely different experience than on Anthem. The layout of the restaurant, even it's sort-of hidden location (not being in the central Esplanade area) make it more unique, as well as the staircase that we had to go down from the entrance to get to our tables. So cool.

On Anthem, we felt like were sitting in a fish bowl at the local mall.