URGENT info from VV. Price changes effective almost immediately

cantgetin

1 hour ago, Wildcatllamas said:

You would think that those of us who have voyages booked would have gotten an email by now if they are to be paid in full by midnight tonight. This is very strange.

I got the notification from my TA; I've never heard anything directly from VV on this matter.  although they certainly have no difficulty contacting me to say that I owe 3 cents on a booking that I already have a PIF confirmation for!
I can't address the legality of changing terms on an already made booking--I'd imagine that what they need is somewhere in the fine print,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cantgetin said:

I got the notification from my TA; I've never heard anything directly from VV on this matter.  although they certainly have no difficulty contacting me to say that I owe 3 cents on a booking that I already have a PIF confirmation for!
I can't address the legality of changing terms on an already made booking--I'd imagine that what they need is somewhere in the fine print,

I had to laugh about the 3 cents because I got notice a week ago that owed $2 on my cruise in 12 days. It just suddenly showed up after being PIF for months. I finally heard from a TA friend that the Florida and Book Early end 12/13 and anyone who has a booking done by midnight tonight will be grandfathered in for the pay early save 10%. This has been just a bit bizarre.

1 minute ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I had to laugh about the 3 cents because I got notice a week ago that owed $2 on my cruise in 12 days. It just suddenly showed up after being PIF for months. I finally heard from a TA friend that the Florida and Book Early end 12/13 and anyone who has a booking done by midnight tonight will be grandfathered in for the pay early save 10%. This has been just a bit bizarre.

I've gotten $2.54, $.50, and $.03 notices all on the same cruise.  Fortunately, I have a PIF notice and my TA tells me to ignore all the rest--that she is on it and nothing to worry about.  It just gets REALLY old.  I'd also love to know why VV can't transfer my passport info from one cruise to the next without requiring me to re-enter and re-photograph it each time.  Strange, as other cruise lines can not only move it from one cruise to the next, but can notify me if any of the passports in the family need to be updated before booking another cruise.  Their IT is unbelievably bad.

• Like 2

What do people predict as far as Cyber Monday? Think it’s a (no) surprise “we are extending our Black Friday” deal? I am torn about booking by midnight tonight or if I have some more breathing room this week OR waiting until Wave season for whatever may be better than this meh deal considering they just raised all the prices last month over 30% before BF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babalooo said:

What do people predict as far as Cyber Monday? Think it’s a (no) surprise “we are extending our Black Friday” deal? I am torn about booking by midnight tonight or if I have some more breathing room this week OR waiting until Wave season for whatever may be better than this meh deal considering they just raised all the prices last month over 30% before BF.

If sales price goes up, so will base price.

I don't see Cyber week being any better.

Hopefully Wake Season is, but like other have said demand is there, so they don't need to offer crazy deals anymore. Unless you are in Australia. Not doing well down there.

Will be interesting to see how well they do moving forward without the PIF discount and gradually scraping all the things that made VV great. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, babalooo said:

No surprise, Cyber Monday is the same deal as Black Friday. There are rarely any changes. It goes through November 30 according to the VV home page. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, little britain said:

You get 10% discount on existing bookings, if you pay in full by 180 days out. In writing.

Yep and the only difference is, if you're working with a TA, they can no longer apply the promotion directly. They will have to call in to VV to have the promotion applied. 

We just booked 4 cabins back to back sailings for July 2024 and our travel agent said the 10% PIF discount promo ended.   Are you saying that it is still valid?   We booked on 11/26.   Should I have our TA call back?   Obviously this would be a substantial savings that we were actually expecting when we booked and were somewhat mad that the promo disappeared. 

42 minutes ago, bbelle59 said:

We just booked 4 cabins back to back sailings for July 2024 and our travel agent said the 10% PIF discount promo ended.   Are you saying that it is still valid?   We booked on 11/26.   Should I have our TA call back?   Obviously this would be a substantial savings that we were actually expecting when we booked and were somewhat mad that the promo disappeared. 

The PIF discount is ONLY available to bookings made on or before November 22, 2023. Anything booked after that, the promo is currently dead. 

• Like 1