Manhattan Cruise Terminal - debarkation pickup spot by hotel shuttle at Pier 90`

mleng

Hi my family (including my parents in their 80s) will be on Venezia next week.  We have arranged a park-and-cruise deal at a hotel across the river from Manhattan.  The instruction from the hotel said the shuttle pickup spot upon our return (on Sun Dec 10) would be at Pier 90.

I understand there are 2 piers at the cruise terminal.  My question is: if Venezia comes in at Pier 88, how is the walk from Pier 88 to Pier 90?  Is there an inside passage or do we have to go outside in the cold air?  My parents are relatively healthy (for 80 year olds) and can walk on their own with the luggage, but they won't be able to carry suitcases up and down stairs, or staying outside in the cold for too long. 

If anybody has done this -- getting off at Pier 88 and walking to Pier 90 to be picked up, I would appreciate it if you can share your experience. 

1 hour ago, mleng said:

If anybody has done this -- getting off at Pier 88 and walking to Pier 90 to be picked up, I would appreciate it if you can share your experience. 

Its essentially like walking from one outside door to the next in an airport arrivals/departures area. Its close and its covered both on the upper and lower levels. Super easy.