HIA Early Booking vs booking while onboard

NCTribeFan

I'm currently booked on the Rotterdam TA for next October at a very reasonable fare with HIA Early Booking and CO added for just $180 (15 nights, solo).

BUT, I'm thinking of cancelling and booking Hawaii for January 2025.

Currently, the HIA Early Booking Bonus says that offers expires 11/30/23 for 2024 sailings.  When does it expire for 2025 sailings?

What I'm thinking is that while on Eurodam in January, I could book the Hawaii sailing and get that little extra OBC.  But I don't want to wait until January if the Early Booking Bonus with it's extra perks will not be available for that sailing.  The Hawaii cruise is rather more expensive than the TA, but it's always possible that the price will drop (checked price with the Black Friday "sale" and it's exactly the same as I priced it weeks ago with the same perks) and this version of HIA has price protection.

If the Early Booking will be available, I'd like to do that while on the ship.  Then, I can cancel the TA when I get home and have the deposit transferred over as a payment on the Hawaii cruise. Since Hawaii is on Koningsdam, I'd probably want to book a guarantee and add CO.  That private dining room is worth it!

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

They are all Black Friday deals and expire tomorrow.  They may extend a day or two but that no one knows

They expire tomorrow ... but then it is time for Cyber Monday sales... so likely just a new name and similar offer I am guessing ....

I think Early Booking Bonus is different from Black Friday? EBB applies to cruises in the first weeks or maybe months after launch of that sailing. Maybe 90 days? BF was supposed to be a sale on 800 cruises (I could not find any markdowns), plus crew incentive. EBB/HIA is an upgrade to the HIA (Elite Beverage and Premium Wifi) plus crew incentive, sometimes other things. Hard to beat.

I have not had CO but there have been at least two recent threads about it not being refundable OR transferable.

15 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I think Early Booking Bonus is different from Black Friday? EBB applies to cruises in the first weeks or maybe months after launch of that sailing. Maybe 90 days? BF was supposed to be a sale on 800 cruises (I could not find any markdowns), plus crew incentive. EBB/HIA is an upgrade to the HIA (Elite Beverage and Premium Wifi) plus crew incentive, sometimes other things. Hard to beat.

I have not had CO but there have been at least two recent threads about it not being refundable OR transferable.

I think with the 90days - you are confusions EBB with Mariner Early Booking Bonus - which provides extra OBC if booked with 90 days of launch.

The "run of the mill" Early Booking Bonus continues much longer after launch.

They are independent and you can get both is you book within 90 days of launch. 😃

• Thanks 1

I'm confused as well.  I only mentioned BF because I checked the price for the Hawaii cruise and it was exactly the same as it was when I first looked at it, so there was no sale at all, which we all know is often the case.

When I do a mock booking for the K'dam Hawaii sailing, it shows the Early Booking Bonus HIA with upgraded drinks, wi-fi, and grats.

How do you know when the 90 days of launch is up?  I think that's really my question. Would be nice if the Terms & Conditions for the EBB stated when it expires for a given sailing.

If I cancel the Rotterdam TA, I lose the CO portion of the fare?  That doesn't sound right.  The CO pdf I downloaded says in the FAQ "Club Orange is an add-on to the total cruise fare and regular cancellation fees will apply."  Doesn't say it's non-refundable.

Guess I need to contact my PCC although she's probably swamped right now with the "sales" going on.  She's not the most responsive at the best of times.

24 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

I'm confused as well.  I only mentioned BF because I checked the price for the Hawaii cruise and it was exactly the same as it was when I first looked at it, so there was no sale at all, which we all know is often the case.

When I do a mock booking for the K'dam Hawaii sailing, it shows the Early Booking Bonus HIA with upgraded drinks, wi-fi, and grats.

How do you know when the 90 days of launch is up?  I think that's really my question. Would be nice if the Terms & Conditions for the EBB stated when it expires for a given sailing.

If I cancel the Rotterdam TA, I lose the CO portion of the fare?  That doesn't sound right.  The CO pdf I downloaded says in the FAQ "Club Orange is an add-on to the total cruise fare and regular cancellation fees will apply."  Doesn't say it's non-refundable.

Guess I need to contact my PCC although she's probably swamped right now with the "sales" going on.  She's not the most responsive at the best of times.

If the Early Booking Bonus shows up against the cruise - it is eligible. There are no hard rules for the dates in which that is eligible, but it seems to be things booked about a year or more in advance.

The 90 days within launch offer is a different offer - called a Mariner Early Booking Bonus  https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/ca/cruise-deals/mariner-early-booking-bonus

So they end up being in the order of 2 years out. They don't mark them like they do for EBB, so you have to just watch the website or email notices for when new itineraries are being launched. If you search the news link in HAL's site you can find out old launch dates.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/ca/news/2023

If you book with 90 days of launch, you get both offers so good if you are a long term planner 😎

The BF (now Cyber Monday) sale may not mean much if you are booking a cruise far enough out for early booking bonus HIA offer (with grats already included).

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the clarifications.

The Hawaii cruise (I'm looking at either 1/11/25 or 1/28/25 show the early booking HIA, which now, for a couple of days, are available for a $25 deposit.

I'm really tempted to just go ahead and book with that deposit.  If I visit the Future Cruise desk on Eurodam, and can get a better deal, I can cancel and rebook to get the onboard booking credit, correct?

I want all the perks and all the OBC I can get!  I feel like I'm begin a tad greedy.  😄