Short review of Day pass at Allegro Beach Resort

mamaneedsavacay

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

mamaneedsavacay was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

Just back from Carnival Cruise and visited Cozumel on Thanksgiving Day. We were all pleased with our choice to buy a Day Pass to the Allegro resort. It was our favorite day of the cruise. 

We had previously visited Cozumel in 2018 on an MSC cruise and spent that day at Paradise Beach, PAYGO. This time I was hoping to avoid crowds and got my wish!

We were the only day pass people on the resort, which we could tell when they all knew exactly who we were when we arrived. Check in was fast and easy, bar was open immediately, lunch opened around noon.

We were impressed with the drinks, the pools, the beach, and the service. Shout out to Fernando for keeping us nonstop hydrated. He brought another chair into the shade for us and was never far away from our pool spot. We went back and forth to the ocean, leaving our belongings at the pool. 

Towel hut was convenient and I was glad we didn't have to bring towels from the ship. 

Less impressed with the buffet lunch, but not a big deal. Lots of activity staff inviting us the play volleyball and Cornhole, but we choose to swim and lounge. No problem getting loungers at pool and on beach.

Taxi was easy- round trip from Puerto Maya was $25 each way total for our family of 5. Just follow signs out of port and get in taxi line.

The resort is on the same street as Paradise Beach, Nachi Coccum, etc. it does not have inflatables and we didn't ask about any of the non-motorized water sports/snorkel masks that were said to be complimentary, just because we were happy floating in the little inflatable pool hammocks we brought with us. 

Highly recommend for a relaxing and fun day! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, silentbob007 said:

What is the best way to book this? Directly from the resort or the various booking sites that come up on Google. 

We always compare various brokers and contact hotel directly for day passes.  Sometimes you get different prices, different inclusions different time periods for pass validity.

It now is owned by Barcelo so I don’t know what their policy is directly. I think we used Island Marketing for this one several years ago. 

I used Resort for a Day, in part because I didn't have a Wi-Fi package on the ship and knew that if anything changed about our port day I would be made whole. I didn't want to manage it myself. No idea if I overpaid what the hotel would have charged directly though. I think it was $60/person.

We are Barcelo members (repeat visitors, not time share) so that was another reason I chose that resort out of the choices Resort for a Day offered. I wouldn't mind checking out Occidental Cozumel, the other Barcelo resort on the island. Just because I have good experiences with the brand. 

41 minutes ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

I used Resort for a Day, in part because I didn't have a Wi-Fi package on the ship and knew that if anything changed about our port day I would be made whole. I didn't want to manage it myself. No idea if I overpaid what the hotel would have charged directly though. I think it was $60/person.

We are Barcelo members (repeat visitors, not time share) so that was another reason I chose that resort out of the choices Resort for a Day offered. I wouldn't mind checking out Occidental Cozumel, the other Barcelo resort on the island. Just because I have good experiences with the brand. 

Food used to be better at Occidental (pre-Barcelo) than Allegro and it had a decent (not as good) beach but i heard a lot was lost in a storm so I don’t know what it is like currently. 

Much quieter at Occidental and more relaxing BUT it is a long walk from lobby to beach for mobility challenged. The one disadvantage of this was, lunch is usually available at a beachside restaurant but when weather is bad or windy, it is only in the buffet by main lobby.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, my4gals said:

Do you know if they have Hobie Cat sailboats?

Occidental and Allegra have reportedly had them in the past but I would write to  confirm  current situation if this is important. 

Edited by c-leg5

On 2/7/2024 at 10:04 AM, my4gals said:

Do you know if they have Hobie Cat sailboats?

We didn't look for the water sports, I'm sorry. The day pass did say that non-motorized water sports were included, I think they were just a little further down the beach and we didn't go investigate.