Nowhere to throw some shapes on Queen Anne

Wagtail adventures

So pinch me, try as hard as I look at the Queen Anne deck plans, there appears to be no night club.  No G32 to roll merrily into from the Queen's Room, no Yacht Club to belt out karaoke and YMCA/John-Travolta-Saturday-Night-Fever the night away.  There is a dance floor in the Queen's room, but that's big-band and ballroom in style.  It isn't the same.  Where, oh where, dear forumites, do we throw our shapes to It's Raining Men, let our hair down and conga ourselves silly to I Would Walk 500 miles now?  

• Like 4

Guest SilverHengroen

I understand Bright lights is meant to be the late night venue, when all the official acts are done it's opened up to karaoke etc. It doesn't appear to have a dance floor from renderings or the deck plans though, so how that works in practice will be interesting. If it proves not to work and is really missed, I suppose it could be reconfigured to more of a nightclub setup quite easily in her first refit. 

Yes, I saw Bright Light's Society - but you're right, no dance floor so it isn't at all suitable for dancing/night club.  Interesting re the Pavilion Pool area, but again, I question if that is suitable with such a huge space, conservatory style atmosphere and high glass ceilings/no ceiling.  Also, on warm nights the noise could be an issue flor late night partying.  I just can't believe Cunard have overlooked this.  G32 and Yacht club have been heaving on my voyages.  What are they thinking?

• Like 3

I thought at first this was something to do with pottery classes, but it seems to be about dancing. I would say it might be bad news for ballroom dancing lovers, who might find the Queens Room used for this other sort of dancing rather more often than they would like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wagtail adventures said:

So pinch me, try as hard as I look at the Queen Anne deck plans, there appears to be no night club.  No G32 to roll merrily into from the Queen's Room, no Yacht Club to belt out karaoke and YMCA/John-Travolta-Saturday-Night-Fever the night away.  There is a dance floor in the Queen's room, but that's big-band and ballroom in style.  It isn't the same.  Where, oh where, dear forumites, do we throw our shapes to It's Raining Men, let our hair down and conga ourselves silly to I Would Walk 500 miles now?  

We have covered this before , here and on various other cruise forums .

'Bright Lights Society' will be the equivalent of what we have previously referred to as G32 or the Yacht Club . In other words, Bright Lights Society will be your Late Night after hours Venue .

Before I'm corrected that the above venue is 'possibly a charged venue, the concept 'as far as we understand' -  there will be no charge late evenings after early evening performances including lite-bites are over -  the venue will be open to all .  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

We have covered this before , here and on various other cruise forums .

'Bright Lights Society' will be the equivalent of what we have previously referred to as G32 or the Yacht Club . In other words, Bright Lights Society will be your Late Night after hours Venue .

Before I'm corrected that the above venue is 'possibly a charged venue, the concept 'as far as we understand' -  there will be no charge late evenings after early evening performances including lite-bites are over -  the venue will be open to all .  

I did a search before I posted, but it showed no relevant threads.  Are you confirming that BLS will have a dance floor then?  If not, how can it be an equivalent?

Edited to add:  Cunard seems to suggest it does have some kind of dance floor, although it is confusing as there seems nowhere for it to go from the plans.  From their website:

Wide-eyed and filled with wonder.

When the performances are over and the applause dies down, the music kicks back in and everyone rises to their feet. The floor is yours, and your evening has only just begun.
Edited by Wagtail adventures

1 hour ago, Wagtail adventures said:

I did a search before I posted, but it showed no relevant threads.  Are you confirming that BLS will have a dance floor then?  If not, how can it be an equivalent?

Edited to add:  Cunard seems to suggest it does have some kind of dance floor, although it is confusing as there seems nowhere for it to go from the plans.  From their website:

Wide-eyed and filled with wonder.

When the performances are over and the applause dies down, the music kicks back in and everyone rises to their feet. The floor is yours, and your evening has only just begun.

No I'm not actually  confirming BLS will have a dance floor  'The Size' that you/I may be familiar with in G32/Yacht club.  What you and I are seeing in the plans from our brochures are only artistc impressions, I understand  the seating on the day/evening   (maybe after the early evening performance) will be arranged differently ?  The reason I mention this -  Last year I was invited to an immersive presentation of QA in London,  during the evening we passed through various venues set up in the convention centre, we enjoyed a sneak preview of the full BLS concept - seating appeared to be arranged that allowed for a 'small dance area'  - one or two of the guests who were invited appeared to be enjoying themselves belting Raining Men.  Not too sure if this was because of all the Fizz constantly on tap . 😉    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Where is BLS located?

I checked the deck plan, and there is no mention of it anywhere.

Only noticed a lounge (with no name) across from Golden Lion. Could that be it? 

That's my assumption that the Bright Lights Society will be in the unnamed lounge shown on the Queen Anne deck plan opposite the Golden Lion. The layout of that lounge on the deck plan aligns very well with this rendering of the Bright Lights Society found on the Cunard website.

CUNARD_QA_Bright_Lights_Society_2022_288

7 hours ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Where is BLS located?

I checked the deck plan, and there is no mention of it anywhere.

Only noticed a lounge (with no name) across from Golden Lion. Could that be it? 

Yes, whilst the name does not appear in the early cruise brochures, the name appears in the latest editions   'April 2024-Jan 2026'  Deck 2 facing the Golden Lion.  Don't be concerned with the arrangement of the seating in the brochures , this is only for effect.  

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Yes, whilst the name does not appear in the early cruise brochures, the name appears in the latest editions   'April 2024-Jan 2026'  Deck 2 facing the Golden Lion.  Don't be concerned with the arrangement of the seating in the brochures , this is only for effect.  

I've received my brochure copy of the same and for those  who aren't small print readers, I can foresee one or two 'comments' on the photos of the cabins.

10 hours ago, bluemarble said:

That's my assumption that the Bright Lights Society will be in the unnamed lounge shown on the Queen Anne deck plan opposite the Golden Lion. The layout of that lounge on the deck plan aligns very well with this rendering of the Bright Lights Society found on the Cunard website.

CUNARD_QA_Bright_Lights_Society_2022_288

4 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

To get back on track with the OP and the Bright Lights Society (BLS), well spotted and surmised @bluemarble and @Bell Boy .

It would be  my valid assumption that this facility (BLS) is a somewhat more sophisticated reincarnation of the ever popular Limelight Club facility that my wife and I have enjoyed on numerous occasions while sailing with  P&O's Britannia and Iona...

LimelightClub1Limelighterspostshow.thumb.jpg.80ad5fdd3b00612cc64857c494f15371.jpg

...but of course, with a dash of Cunard's more traditional style and character...

LimelightClub4SeatingandBarbara.thumb.jpg.a76be47fa95256c567ffe499b7d06789.jpg

There would be ample space for dancing/bopping for those wishing to do so and no doubt, as with the P&O versions, there is a retractable stage extension to add to the area of the dance floor....

LimelightClub2Limelighterspostshow.thumb.jpg.0d4a874be07306247adf709d1dbff624.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I will be extremely disappointed if there is indeed no room to boogie. Had the time of my life on QM2 last year at my first ever silent disco! Who knew listening to "your" music choice while watching some raving lunatic bopping out of tune could be such fun. I have everything crossed the BLS club stage area becomes a dance floor, especially as she looks more modern so would assume also looking to entice a younger audience. 
On a short cruise on her this August, so staying hopeful.

Edited by cook68
spelling
  • Like 1