Service expectations on ncl?

djasinsk

3 hours ago, insidecabin said:

It's timing and catching the communication for the deals.

We keep missing Azamara  they send through emails(I auto file them and forget to check) but don't come up on TA searches or on the web site.

Other lines have been doing the same.

Princess had a few only available to limited customers.

NCL has been using coupons, without telling people, you have to check your account regularly.

They want to hide the discounting.

Agree with that last sentence!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 7:08 PM, PATRLR said:

And you know it goes to the bartenders/servers how?  I'm not challenging you here, I already know that the cash tips get pooled, I'd really like to know what happens after that.  I am hopeful it goes to the bartenders/servers.

I was at the Haven bar the night before disembarkation drowning my sorrows in espresso martinis when I overheard a customer and the bartender talking about tips. The guest was curious why the bartenders were putting all the tips behind the register and not pocketing them. The bartender explained they split the tips with the other Haven bartender and the two bar backs. Makes sense to me since they all serve each of us, but does sound like they get the cash rather than turning it in to NCL. I hope that is truly the case!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I was at the Haven bar the night before disembarkation drowning my sorrows in espresso martinis when I overheard a customer and the bartender talking about tips. The guest was curious why the bartenders were putting all the tips behind the register and not pocketing them. The bartender explained they split the tips with the other Haven bartender and the two bar backs. Makes sense to me since they all serve each of us, but does sound like they get the cash rather than turning it in to NCL. I hope that is truly the case!

The Vibe also pools their tips and then distributes them among the Vibe staff.  My husband and I were personally thanked by a Vibe bartender who was working at the Cavern Club the last night of our cruise.   As soon as he saw us, he immediately came around the bar to thank us as he was not in the Vibe when we left our final tip that afternoon in the Vibe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Very common in bars and restaurants.