Am I missing something? Where are the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales??

ktinnc

I've seen a lot of the cruise lines are offering deals, reduced deposits etc for Black Friday/Cyber Monday..... I've been holding off on booking 2 cruises for a couple months waiting for a better deal and thought of all times this would be when they'd have one. Not the end of the world just curious if anyone has seen anything??

Edited to Add....there is a sale but only for 3 months of dates....  just surprised it's not bigger...

Edited by ktinnc
  • Haha 1

Carnival will put things on sale or advertise specials to lure you in when they feel bookings need a boost.

Evidently they do not feel that is the case right now.  :shrug:

Apparently Carnival is doing quite well - I seem to recall John Heald saying that 2024 bookings are filling quite quickly.  We don't see the numbers of course, so there is no way of knowing whether they are 90% full and normally would be only 75% full at this stage, or some other set of numbers.

• Like 1

I got some great deals on NCL and Celebrity for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. At least 45% off drink packages and excursions. I have two Carnival cruises booked next year, and I was really hoping to get some sales on those also.But there is nothing. Even the base price is higher than what I paid.

33 minutes ago, dacsmom said:

I got some great deals on NCL and Celebrity for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. At least 45% off drink packages and excursions. I have two Carnival cruises booked next year, and I was really hoping to get some sales on those also.But there is nothing. Even the base price is higher than what I paid.

Yessss that’s what I was seeing too! I mean clearly they are doing well enough to not need to do sales but I’m definitely looking at other lines that are less $$ …. I turn platinum on my next cruise so it’s not like I’m a newbie either :)

I have always done my travel reservations on Tuesday, tomorrow.  Black Friday, Shop Small Saturday, Cyber Monday, and Travel Tuesday. I don't think the cruise lines will have anything, but I've always done well with airfare and any land vacations. Just tossing that out there.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been checking everyday this weekend, thru Travel Tuesday, and still not seeing special sales on Carnival.  Sheesh!   Was hoping to get a few bucks off beverage plan...  Anyone know of a discount or promo code???

Carnival isn't discounting because they don't have to. Their ships are sailing full at the current rates. I believe I told folks on here months ago that waiting for black friday would only cause you to pay more, because Carnival won't have a sale and the cruise you want will be more expensive by then.

If you want a discount, go buy a TV. They're basically giving them away this year because nobody is buying crap like that anymore.

Edited by mz-s
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GotMINI said:

I've been checking everyday this weekend, thru Travel Tuesday, and still not seeing special sales on Carnival.  Sheesh!   Was hoping to get a few bucks off beverage plan...  Anyone know of a discount or promo code???

Bring your own 12 packs of soda onboard is the best discount you'll get on the beverage plan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Lol, Carnival hasn't done that kind of promo for Cheers or Bubbles in years and years.

I figured.  Was going to purchase beverage package anyway prior to boarding.  I filter that into cost of the vacation.  Just figured I'd take a chance and wait to see if any sales.  Why not.  Thought post in case I missed something, somewhere.  Have traveled on other cruise lines and they've offered such sales before on all add-ons like beverages, dining, wifi, excursions, etc.  I know cruise lines are still trying to catch up on revenue - I get it.  

And yes, I have brought on own soda or water before.  Even my allowed bottles of wine.  Carnival used to have pretty decent pricing on their water in the past (need to check that out for upcoming cruise) and while it's more than what I'd spend at store, it's worth not having to lug it onto the ship.   

You know it gets me thinking. A lot of people consider things like internet, gratuities, soda, etc as part of the cost of the cruise and just pay for them every trip. Maybe it makes more sense to go on a line where all that is already included.

Sort of like with airlines - Spirit is really only worth it if you can fly with a backpack. If you need to add on a chosen seat, carry-on bag, etc., you might as well fly Delta. Similar with Carnival in my experience.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mz-s said:

Carnival isn't discounting because they don't have to. Their ships are sailing full at the current rates. I believe I told folks on here months ago that waiting for black friday would only cause you to pay more, because Carnival won't have a sale and the cruise you want will be more expensive by then.

If you want a discount, go buy a TV. They're basically giving them away this year because nobody is buying crap like that anymore.

I think you have been proven right.  I've been looking around today and the last couple of days for deals on 5 different trips (land/sea/etc.) that we have planned for 2024 and deals are non-existant.  Unless you want to go to Europe in February round trip from the same city AND book their (lame) choice of hotel there is little to be found this Travel Tuesday.  Too bad I don't want a TV, lol.

• Like 1