Have the new menus been introduced?

Tbird58

8 hours ago, shofer said:

Having just got off Jewel of the Seas on 10/31 and I can verify the food in the MDR is terrible.  These menus look just like the Celebrity food I remember.

That was over a month ago. The transition back was supposed to start in November.

The new menus are a step in the right direction but putting a Diane sauce on a sirloin is just wrong.  I don't buy sirloin and I don't eat sirloin.  Putting a Diane sauce on an old boot doesn't make the boot any more appetizing.   It's like ordering Chicken Marsala and you can't taste the wine.  Did you really get a Marsala sauce?   I would still like to see spaghetti added to the classic entree menu.  Whatever happened to Lobster Bisque in the MDR?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, waverunner43 said:

The new menus are a step in the right direction but putting a Diane sauce on a sirloin is just wrong.  I don't buy sirloin and I don't eat sirloin.  Putting a Diane sauce on an old boot doesn't make the boot any more appetizing.   It's like ordering Chicken Marsala and you can't taste the wine.  Did you really get a Marsala sauce?   I would still like to see spaghetti added to the classic entree menu.  Whatever happened to Lobster Bisque in the MDR?

Just off a 16-day TA on Constellation and there was no lobster bisque to be found in the MDR. Also missing were the "anytime" desserts - you used to be able to get an apple pie a la mode, chocolate cake or cheesecake instead of the desserts on the menu in the MDR and now the only one you can get every night is the apple pie.  This may change with the new menus though. 

30 minutes ago, CaptCrunch said:

Just off a 16-day TA on Constellation and there was no lobster bisque to be found in the MDR. Also missing were the "anytime" desserts - you used to be able to get an apple pie a la mode, chocolate cake or cheesecake instead of the desserts on the menu in the MDR and now the only one you can get every night is the apple pie.  This may change with the new menus though. 

Here's hoping they make the needed changes but I'm not holding my breath.  Celebrity & Royal are great at making cuts but put little effort into correcting problems that they caused.  I've got two cruises scheduled, one with Celebrity and one with Royal, and if there is not a significant improvement on their part it's time to switch.  Virgin will recognize my Captains Club status, does not charge extra for gratuities and has reasonable beverage prices.  You can actually prepay a bar tab for your cruise and use it to buy yourself or others a drink.  No need for both persons in a cabin to buy a drink package.

• Thanks 1

We are just off the Equinox the menus posted are the same we had. The food was pretty good, it was served hot, my husband is a vegetarian and felt for the most part his food wasn’t as good as previous cruises. Items were either Indian and too spicy for him or were mushroom based. Some of the soups were too salty for him. He ate a lot of mushrooms!  Overall the food was better than I expected considering comments I had read.