ocean cay dinner service?

syracr

Hello Cruisers, I know they serve lunch on ocean cay,, but was wondering if they also serve dinner on island fur the overnight stays, or those that leave later in the night?

What about the bars?

I know it would definitely not be a formal dinner but just curious if this is an option?

thanks!

1 hour ago, go.without.you said:

Well I doubt the bar was still open after 2:30 since all of the crew packed up and left, regardless of what that paper said.

How long were you docked though?  On the Divina we are at Ocean Cay 7a to 6p on January 5th, then I'm back on the Seashore overnight in June 3rd to June 4th 7a to 12pm.  I wouldn't be surprised if 230pm happens with the Divina but will be a little annoyed if it happens on the Seashore.  Not that I expect bars or food to be open on the island at 4am (would be interesting) but essiemoms post would be a good alternative.

Just now, go.without.you said:

You pay extra for YC and they close the bar early?

Nearly all of the YC staff (servers, assistant servers, butlers, assistant butlers) are with you on Ocean Cay and then head back to the ship to take care of you there. The advantage of this is that you have people who know you and likely are anticipating what you might want. You barely need to think about what to eat and drink because they are already suggesting your favorites when you're on the island. 🙂

@Best Cat Mom Unfortunately our cruise was very disappointing and we did not get the YC service that we had expected. This was on Seashore which is consistently getting bad reviews. This was my first MSC and now my last. I had 2 booked for next year that I cancelled because I'm not going to spend over $6k for a substandard experience and "hope" that it will be good.

Just now, go.without.you said:

I'm not going to spend over $6k for a substandard experience and "hope" that it will be good.

If our first MSC cruise had not met our expectations, we probably would have done the same. In the back of our minds, we're always concerned that there might be an appreciable drop in our experience. I guess we've been fortunate so far. If that changes, we'll just go to Italy for all of our holidays and opt out of cruising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, go.without.you said:

@jean87510 we were docked until 9pm. But if the other bars were still open there is no excuse why YC bar would be closed. You pay extra for YC and they close the bar early? That's some BS.

agreed. I'd be pissed as well.  On the Seashore in June and hoping they rectify stuff.  I read your review.