New Summer 2025 Itineraries coming Dec 14

CruisingWalter

Now I'm just waiting for my great deal I got on UK > Barcelona in 2024 to be canceled so they can reprice it ... 

(I had been planning on booking Scotland or Iceland 2025, then saw the prices, and have actually now become a member of the "guess I'll book a land vacation" club.)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AlyssaJames said:

Now I'm just waiting for my great deal I got on UK > Barcelona in 2024 to be canceled so they can reprice it ... 

(I had been planning on booking Scotland or Iceland 2025, then saw the prices, and have actually now become a member of the "guess I'll book a land vacation" club.)

Yea, VV is straight up out to lunch on those prices.  AND they got rid of the PIF discount which would have made it a less hard pill to swallow.

7600 USD... Bahahaha

And this is coming from a "FanBoy".

Edited by -The-True-North-
  • Like 2

So confused by these huge price hikes.

We had been waiting for VV to release their summer 2025 prices, had my eye on a 10-11 day European sailing in September. VV charging £11K+ for their entry-level suite. DH joked that we could get a premium line for less than that. So I checked. The first two I looked at - Explora and Oceania - had very similar 11- and 12-night itineraries also in September, similar cabin types, both £1-£1.5K cheaper than VV.

We had never considered a smaller, premium ship before now, so I guess I should thank VV for  that. 

But I am sad that so many guests who had tried - and loved - Virgin are now priced-out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

20 hours ago, GlenG said:

So confused by these huge price hikes.

We had been waiting for VV to release their summer 2025 prices, had my eye on a 10-11 day European sailing in September. VV charging £11K+ for their entry-level suite. DH joked that we could get a premium line for less than that. So I checked. The first two I looked at - Explora and Oceania - had very similar 11- and 12-night itineraries also in September, similar cabin types, both £1-£1.5K cheaper than VV.

We had never considered a smaller, premium ship before now, so I guess I should thank VV for  that. 

But I am sad that so many guests who had tried - and loved - Virgin are now priced-out. 

Yep. I love Virgin, but the reality is I’m priced out from 2025, I might try and book another 2024 trip. I’m hopeful deals will come up and maybe I’ll be in a better situation financially

• Like 1

It is all going to be supply and demand.  If VV can't fill ships at the newer price points, they will come down.  I'm not a bit sure the demand is there for the industry expansion expected in 2025.  Many lines have new ships coming out and I'm sensing that the demand that built up during the pandemic  has been satisfied or nearly so.  The "I can't wait for a vacation" feeling is gone.  Disney is basing a new ship in Asia, so I think they'll be full with that, but not a bit sure about other lines.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

Guess I was wrong. Looks like VV isn't having any problems selling at these new ridiculously hight prices.

England to lceland & Norway

2 Sailors 10 nights

Jul 27- Aug O6, 2025

This price is already up $202.

From $7,484 at launch to now $7,686.

Mind boggling. VV isn't THAT good.

That could be due to changes in the GBP to USD exchange rate as its a Portsmouth based itinerary?

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

That could be due to changes in the GBP to USD exchange rate as its a Portsmouth based itinerary?

Ohh.

Figured VV did all it budgeting and pricing in USD, and only did currency re-evaluation once a month. (Ie. Those annoying emails saying your owe or overpaid $4.78)

GBP/USD is up $0.02, so maybe you on to something.