New Summer 2025 Itineraries coming Dec 14

CruisingWalter

1 hour ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Itineraries and prices are up. Wow. I am officially priced out of VV. 

Yeah, I'm surprised at the sizable spike in prices. Resilient's spring of 25 re-positioning cruises for instance, are legitimately over double what her fall of 2024's were the day they came out. It's enough of a difference that I'm going to check back come morning to see if perhaps it's just because they just got loaded in and not everything is properly set yet; but I doubt it. New CEO's stated goal was to make the company profitable, but I think this big of a pricing spike might be a mistake. Needs to be a lot more gradual of a shift if they want to avoid losing a significant chunk of their current customer base.

• Like 3

No surprise at the rates.  My 2024 cruise that I paid $2100 for after all discounts had been listed at over $9K for several months.  The cost to move from a Sea Terrace to an XL is almost what I paid for the cruise!!!  It is a good product, but no longer a good value!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cathy in Boston said:

Where are you seeing this?  I’m on the VV website looking for Europe cruises in June 2025, and I see the same thing I saw yesterday.

Yesterday there was nothing for June 2025 and now there is.

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

No surprise at the rates.  My 2024 cruise that I paid $2100 for after all discounts had been listed at over $9K for several months.  The cost to move from a Sea Terrace to an XL is almost what I paid for the cruise!!!  It is a good product, but no longer a good value!

The April 2024 transatlantic seems to be a weird outlier where the price went to crazy in the last few months.

May 2025 transatlantic is more expensive than previous cruises but not outrageous at £4716 for sea terrace. So a significant increase on previous transatlantic but at £314 a night it doesn’t seem terrible value, but not cheap either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tolkmit said:

Yeah, I'm surprised at the sizable spike in prices. Resilient's spring of 25 re-positioning cruises for instance, are legitimately over double what her fall of 2024's were the day they came out. It's enough of a difference that I'm going to check back come morning to see if perhaps it's just because they just got loaded in and not everything is properly set yet; but I doubt it. New CEO's stated goal was to make the company profitable, but I think this big of a pricing spike might be a mistake. Needs to be a lot more gradual of a shift if they want to avoid losing a significant chunk of their current customer base.

Agree. I’m a longtime online cheerleader of theirs (which I know doesn’t entitle me to anything, btw), but I can’t really cheer something I can no longer afford. I’m not sure who their new audience will be—one-percenters and influencers, I guess. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cathy in Boston said:

Well…we did book a cruise with them for the 11 day June 1 trip. I will say that we did want to get a Rockstar suite, but…yeah…way too expensive.  The difference in price between that and an XL terrace isn’t worth Richard’s Rooftop.

Suites do get a few more perks than just the rooftop but it is clear there is a shift with the new CEO. It might make the brand long term sustainable, but there is a risk as i see it of the "Brat pack" coming in with demands, or a different less friendly type attending. 

I have booked one of the 2025 voyages, but it might be the last as suites are just way over the usual budget now. 

• Like 3

Just now, Lustate said:

I have booked one of the 2025 voyages, but it might be the last as suites are just way over the usual budget now. 

The lowest priced Rockstar (Seriously Suite) is now slightly more expensive per night than the Penthouse Veranda we have booked on Viking for 2025 Adriatic - and the Seriously is smaller. Both include in-suite alcohol, both are adults only, both are similarly inclusive for dining - Viking includes beer and wine with meals, there's no charge to use the Spa on Viking, and Viking includes an excursion in every port.

Yes, they're a very different onboard experience, but looking fairly simply at perceived value it's a tough sell to justify the Virgin prices now for us.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, WanderingBrit said:

The lowest priced Rockstar (Seriously Suite) is now slightly more expensive per night than the Penthouse Veranda we have booked on Viking for 2025 Adriatic - and the Seriously is smaller. Both include in-suite alcohol, both are adults only, both are similarly inclusive for dining - Viking includes beer and wine with meals, there's no charge to use the Spa on Viking, and Viking includes an excursion in every port.

Yes, they're a very different onboard experience, but looking fairly simply at perceived value it's a tough sell to justify the Virgin prices now for us.

We might have to try another brand from 2025, unless the prices crash down a bit for us. Never been with anyone else and not sure we would like it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

I said it awhile ago, and I'll say it again now with these new itinerary launches and prices...

HOLY HOT DOGS!

The fun is officially over, we are priced out.

Was fun while it lasted, and we still have 2 booked for 2024.

I’m thinking the same thing. Absolutely love the product, and I have 2 booked for 2024… 2025 isn’t looking good. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m thinking the same thing. Absolutely love the product, and I have 2 booked for 2024… 2025 isn’t looking good. 

We have been counting down the days till we could book Singapore to Dubai... That plan is officially over. $6.1k USD for regular Sea Terrace. 😮

• Like 3

The new CEO must not have studied science and learned about the frog in boiling water.  Cranking the fares all the way up to 11 so quickly is going to cause some pushback.  We all knew pricing had to increase, but didn't expect it all at once and at these price points.  The product is more premium than what they have been charging in the past, but I thought we would gradually find how much the market will bear.  But by the looks of these new prices, they are skipping right over being at par with Celebrity & Princess pricing (with perks) and going straight for Oceania/Azamara pricing.  The difference being that O/Az have beverage packages included while VV just slashed their bar tabs. 

At least Virgin still allows repricing at no penalty (for now 😬).  I hope they keep the consumer friendly policies in place.  If they match all the mainline policies like non refundable deposits and rebooking penalties, then they have really lost their way.  I guess we will learn in the next few months if this "wave season" sale is a success and if these prices are here to stay. 

• Like 9

So glad I booked my first Virgin cruise for next December cruise a little over a week ago…I can’t believe the price hike…we booked a seriously suite and it has gone up thousands of dollars…this is exactly 

what happened with Celebrity specifically suites ..and was hoping Virgin would be a good alternative after our deposits and decent prices from Celebrity had run out since we booked them years ago…

• Like 4

Glad I have a least one more rockstar cabin booked. Our March 2025 cruise the cheeky corner went from $6k to $15k. 

My big concern is seeing folks priced out of the sea terrace category. If the make up of the sailors dramatically changes, it will not be high on my list of vacation plans. Virgin was able to gather a really great group of people on their cruises. 

• Like 6

Hah, yeah, won't be booking any additional at this point. We were never super frequent cruisers anyway so it won't change much for us, but it was nice to add in a VV here and there. We'll enjoy our upcoming February sailing and likely bid adieu after that. 

• Like 5

I will have a look again Jan 31 or Feb 1.

Have a gut feeling that prices will drop and this is for show. Either doing an IPO or another round of Private Funding.

However, these prices (and the backlash) will be felt by VV sooner than later. Cruiseline want cash injections ASAP. When people PIF 2 years out, that is 2 year of cash in their bank making them money.

VV is great and we'd like to cruise, but to think we'd pay what they have listed today is laughable.

If they want a new revenue stream lose the bar tab promo altogether. If people want to drink, they will buy it.  

• Like 5