New Summer 2025 Itineraries coming Dec 14

CruisingWalter

The bar tb promo hasn't been around all that long....but people have cone to expect it.  Yes, I can certaily see going back to the paid bar tab.  But it would take a truckload of bar tabs to make as much as these price increases IF they can reasonably fill ships at these rates.  I somehow doubt that they can,  We normaly cruise 2-3 times per year....at this point, we'll cruise what we've booked, but I can't see booking any more.

• Like 4

The summer 2025 gap is a Barcelona ship. Presumably that is where Brilliant Lady is going. I find it hard to believe she won’t sail until 2025 but nothing concrete indicates earlier sailings yet. Given all the reports suggesting she was getting ready to sail and being crewed up, this would imply Virgin have decided not to put the ship in service, rather than she is so far behind in construction. 

14 hours ago, GlenG said:

Wow…these 2025 prices are now comparable with Celebrity. No pay-in-full 10% discount, included bar tabs pretty much cut in half…am struggling to see where the value lies. 

That's why prices are rising. Virgin is getting many former Celebrity loyal guests so they figure they should be similar in pricing. Many Celebrity veterans prefer the Virgin experience.

• Like 3

IMG_3064.thumb.png.bb2d0cdc5589620e866edc003fece6d5.png

4 hours ago, Mattsudds said:

The summer 2025 gap is a Barcelona ship. Presumably that is where Brilliant Lady is going. I find it hard to believe she won’t sail until 2025 but nothing concrete indicates earlier sailings yet. Given all the reports suggesting she was getting ready to sail and being crewed up, this would imply Virgin have decided not to put the ship in service, rather than she is so far behind in construction. 

The gap in July is the 14 day Barcelona to Portsmouth cruise.  Which is the one I’ve been waiting for.  Still not up to book

Edited by soccersharon

Another Celebrity cruiser here. I just took my first Virgin cruise on Scarlet Lady and was so impressed with the service, food and ship overall that I purchased a MNVV certificate and hoped to book another soon,….then the new prices came out - yikes! 
I do have the 11 night Barcelona to Rome 11/2024 cruise that Virgin allowed me to select after Brilliant Lady TA was cancelled so that might be to suffice for a while.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, librarylady19 said:

Another Celebrity cruiser here. I just took my first Virgin cruise on Scarlet Lady and was so impressed with the service, food and ship overall that I purchased a MNVV certificate and hoped to book another soon,….then the new prices came out - yikes! 
I do have the 11 night Barcelona to Rome 11/2024 cruise that Virgin allowed me to select after Brilliant Lady TA was cancelled so that might be to suffice for a while.

You can sell your MNVV to anyone who wants to buy it--that is one benefit of the deal.  Let your TA know that you will not be using it (if that is the case) and perhaps he/she can sell it to a client.  There is no reason for you to lose the $300 that you paid for it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, soccersharon said:

IMG_3064.thumb.png.bb2d0cdc5589620e866edc003fece6d5.png

The gap in July is the 14 day Barcelona to Portsmouth cruise.  Which is the one I’ve been waiting for.  Still not up to book

This is a charter they have with Atlantis, so it won't be sold on the VV site or through agents. 

Currently onboard Valiant Lady...

People are NOT happy with the new prices. Everyone saying they are priced out or will be going back to their preferred lines (Princess & Celebrity). As well as a few who said they were going back the Royal because the like the bigger boats, and this cruise has been less this ideal weather conditions.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, babalooo said:

Does anyone know why these new itineries are not showing their Rockstar/Mega prices yet? 

It might be they are sold out already. We managed to book our mega yesterday fine, but the hold we had has not been released yet. So at least two suites will show soon. 

8 hours ago, cantgetin said:

You can sell your MNVV to anyone who wants to buy it--that is one benefit of the deal.  Let your TA know that you will not be using it (if that is the case) and perhaps he/she can sell it to a client.  There is no reason for you to lose the $300 that you paid for it.

oh I’m sure I’ll use it - will just wait and see if prices come down at all. I loved the product and the fact that everything - except for drinks is included. I actually prefer paying for drinks a La carte as I always feel the need to “get my money’s worth” when I purchase the premium package on Celebrity 😀

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cantgetin said:

This is true--many TAs who sell Virgin have a constant demand for MNVVs.  It is a little tricky as it can only be changed once but it is doable.  Usually the purchaser sends you the $300 through Venmo or similar, then you get on phone with VV (preferably with the TA on the phone too) and transfer to placeholder cetificate to the purchaser. Then the purchaser or their TA makes the desired booking.

I just priced out a Celebrity Cruise that is similar to the England to Iceland cruise in 2025. I had heart failure when I booked that 12 night cruise but Celebrity has an 11 night out of Rotterdam and for a balcony similar in size with Virgin (although with a better bed) and this is major sticker shock. Without any specialty restaurants but with all perks similar (Bar Tab on VV is $300 vs Celebrity's drink package(?) Virgin is $7484 and Celebrity is $9345. So Virgin is still a deal if you are looking for a specific itinerary. Anything on Viking that really isn't close on itinerary but similar is over $14000. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I just priced out a Celebrity Cruise that is similar to the England to Iceland cruise in 2025. I had heart failure when I booked that 12 night cruise but Celebrity has an 11 night out of Rotterdam and for a balcony similar in size with Virgin (although with a better bed) and this is major sticker shock. Without any specialty restaurants but with all perks similar (Bar Tab on VV is $300 vs Celebrity's drink package(?) Virgin is $7484 and Celebrity is $9345. So Virgin is still a deal if you are looking for a specific itinerary. Anything on Viking that really isn't close on itinerary but similar is over $14000. 

And the Virgin price includes crew gratuities.

I just priced Princess for a 16 day itinerary that is close to the England and Iceland and with their Plus Package it comes to $6917. So Virgin is close on this one but the number of days differ. 

So as hard as it is to take these prices for the cruise I am booked on it is pretty comparable to the other similar cruise lines.

I will definitely be watching for a price drop though. 

• Like 1

What is a "basic balcony?  Guess it doesn't matter at those prices, but????  And no, VV is not worth $375 PP per day...even with the "almost all included" concept.  Their food is overall very good, but specialty dining on some other lines is better.  They are definitely better than MDR fare.  I just don't see much to justify these prices.  They are a good line, but are that this great?  not in my opinion.

3 hours ago, cantgetin said:

What is a "basic balcony?  Guess it doesn't matter at those prices, but????  And no, VV is not worth $375 PP per day...even with the "almost all included" concept.  Their food is overall very good, but specialty dining on some other lines is better.  They are definitely better than MDR fare.  I just don't see much to justify these prices.  They are a good line, but are that this great?  not in my opinion.

Basic balcony = Sea Terrace (not limited view, not Central, not lock it in).

As basis as you can get, but still able to use a MNVV.

Edited by -The-True-North-

3 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Completely agree. They are good but not 7.5k good.

Keep off the drugs kids. 😂

• Like 1