"THE" Dress

Sue,

That is a beautiful dress. It fits you like it was custom made. I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall. I can't even imagine how your husband is going to beam when he sees his beautiful wife. It would be lovely if someone would put a bug in someone's ear so there could be a picture of the two of you when he sees you.

I do believe that would be a great new avatar!

Have a wonderful trip and post lots of details when you get home, I can hardly wait to see what happens!

Brenda

Thank you for sharing your story and the beautiful dress. It looks like it was made just for you. And, what a wonderful dress shop owner!

My aunt and a good friend of mine are going through mastectomy, chemo and hair loss right now so I can imagine how your daughter and mother may feel. Enjoy the cruise and enjoy the look on your husband's face when you walk in wearing that!

I have been on the search for THE DRESS for my 40th birthday cruise in a few weeks. I think I found IT a week ago and have been even more excited since I brought IT home!

Have a wonderful time.

I have been on the search for THE DRESS for my 40th birthday cruise in a few weeks. I think I found IT a week ago and have been even more excited since I brought IT home!

Awesome! You should post a picture of it!

Sue,

What a gorgeous dress, and on gorgeous you!

Thanks so much for sharing your picture..........that dress is so full of life that it brightened a long day just to see it. I'll bet your DH (and all the other guys in the room) will have his eyes fall out of his head when you walk into that room. What fun!!!!

Have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

Just back from our most wonderful cruise. We had an absolute ball - I'd rate this one a 12 out of 10. Rick was surprised and thrilled with me wearing "The" Dress. We first had formal shots taken of me wearing my wig. Long, long line ups as this was the 1st formal night. Photographer finished and then I announced I wanted a few more pics and whipped off my wig, tossing it on a nearby chair. The look on his face, and those in the line-up, was priceless. It was quite hot and humid so I didn't wear my wig often and passengers and crew got used to seeing my little shiney head around the ship. On the final day I met an older woman who is also fighting breast cancer. She has only one radiation treatment left and during the past year she has never gone without her wig in public. She told me that seeing me bounce around the ship sans wig, hats or scarves gave her the confidence to take a swim in the pool - without her wig. She made my day!

I was not a good girl and didn't follow doctors orders of basically staying in our cabin to avoid germs, etc. I climbed the rock wall twice (despite my total terror of heights) and I ZIPLINED THROUGH THE JUNGLE in Costa Rica!!! It was exhilarating! Kissed a monkey and held a sloth - made lots of new friends and spent oodles of time with my sweetie. I'm still floating, but will have to come down from my cruise cloud soon - off to the cancer clinic for more treatment in a few hours. I will attempt to post pic of me wearing my wig and the dress - could take a while as I think posting this pic was a fluke.

2112650016_TheDress002.jpg.040cab6e788279940f632a490a423d00.jpg

Just back from our most wonderful cruise. We had an absolute ball - I'd rate this one a 12 out of 10. Rick was surprised and thrilled with me wearing "The" Dress. We first had formal shots taken of me wearing my wig. Long, long line ups as this was the 1st formal night. Photographer finished and then I announced I wanted a few more pics and whipped off my wig, tossing it on a nearby chair. The look on his face, and those in the line-up, was priceless. It was quite hot and humid so I didn't wear my wig often and passengers and crew got used to seeing my little shiney head around the ship. On the final day I met an older woman who is also fighting breast cancer. She has only one radiation treatment left and during the past year she has never gone without her wig in public. She told me that seeing me bounce around the ship sans wig, hats or scarves gave her the confidence to take a swim in the pool - without her wig. She made my day!

I was not a good girl and didn't follow doctors orders of basically staying in our cabin to avoid germs, etc. I climbed the rock wall twice (despite my total terror of heights) and I ZIPLINED THROUGH THE JUNGLE in Costa Rica!!! It was exhilarating! Kissed a monkey and held a sloth - made lots of new friends and spent oodles of time with my sweetie. I'm still floating, but will have to come down from my cruise cloud soon - off to the cancer clinic for more treatment in a few hours. I will attempt to post pic of me wearing my wig and the dress - could take a while as I think posting this pic was a fluke.

What a beautiful picture! You and your husband look so happy and you look gorgeous! I'm so glad that you had a good time and were an inspiration to someone. I know that you've been an inspiration to many on here because of your positivie attitude. I hope you are feeling better soon and that the treatments do their job!

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time! What absolutely beautiful pictures! I think you look wonderful in your wig, but I think the picture without the wig is great! You are just really glowing in that picture! You have such an upbeat attitude about all this and I'm sure that will figure a lot in your recovery and healing. I hope you have an opportunity to wear that dress again, since you look so beautiful in it!!

Take care!:)

THE DRESS looked fabulous, and you didn't look too shabby either!!! (with or without hair :) Glad you had a great cruise, and isn't it nice to spend "quality" time with your honey???

Hope the high carries you through til the NEXT cruise!!!

Sue, I missed the original posting of this thread but just read through the entire thing now that you're back from your cruise and you've brought it back to the top.

I was so inspired by your story, your courage and your passion about this dress and your husband! You both absolutely GLOW in both photos and I can tell just by looking at them you were having the time of your lives!

So happy for you!!

I have been WAITING for this post for so long now! I am just on the verge of tears here in my office reading about your wonderful trip. Good for you for enjoying every day to the fullest!! You kissed a monkey AND held a sloth? And what a great picture! Personally, I love the picture without the wig. You and your husband match much better!

Congrats on a wonderful cruise! You have been in my prayers since Day One and I will keep praying that your cancer treatments do their job.

This has truely made my day. :)

Took Una and David out for Mexican food last night! Fun but missed you two!...Kenneth picked them up this AM to take them to the Zoo.

Pictures are awesome...but we are lucky because we got to meet both of you "in the flesh"!

Hope your trip home wasn't too long/bad! I'm still in my robe and slippers today...and I just rolled off the ship at 11:00 am and came home!

Keep us up to date my dear friend! We sure had fun!! And we are the Trivia Champs!!!!!! LuAnn

Sue,

I'm so happy that you and your husband had a wonderful cruise, didn't stay in your cabin, and did all of those fun things.

The Dress was such a moving story. I don't know you personally, but it brought tears to my eyes.

My mother was diagnosed 11 years ago, and she's fine today.

Hopefully, you will wear that lovely dress again, on future cruises.

Barb

Well, if the cruise was a 12 on a scale of 10, then you're a 20 on a scale of 10!!!

You look incredibely fabulous in BOTH the pics! And the dress is a real WOW! I'm so happy to hear that you and DH had such a wonderful time.

And how great that you inspired someone to swim without her wig on!!! That woman will never forget you and your self acceptance and courage is going will live in her heart forever.

So keep on taking care of yourself and I look forward to hearing about your "I beat cancer" cruise!

You're a beauty and an inspiration. Your DH is a lucky guy!

Archived