"THE" Dress

OK, I just read this on another thread and thought it a good idea. My mother had a brain tumor removed in the 80's and she always kept an extra wig, just in case, until her hair grew back. Not a bad idea after I read this. I would have just sent you a personal email but don't know how, sorry...

"hi! stephanie and dan here.......i was just wondering what is the most bizarre or wild craziest thing you have ever seen on a cruise?.....dan and i were on the conquest last april the sun was going down and we watched a woman come up an aft staircase and when she got to the top......mind you we were going 23 knots :rolleyes: :) when all of the sudden her wig flew off and went off the back of the ship!!!:eek: ....oh my god:eek: .......i almost choked....i had to run off the other way....trying to keep a straight face sure hope she brought an xtra one"

And I agree with the other gals, the prettiest part of the picture

is that smile on your face:D

Sue,

Couldn't agree more!

The dress is gorgeous and you look dazzling in it!

Have a fantastic cruise!

Jane

:D :D No extra wig for me - never needed or wanted one before and I had no idea how much a decent looking one cost. I'll be careful when I'm out on the decks - and have no problem going au naturel, or wearing a scarf or hat too.

In answer to your other post - it wasn't me who was asking about an inside cabin for her claustrophobic mother. This cruise is a romantic one for us. ;)

Got chemo on Friday, but no matter how green I'm feeling this weekend, it is time to haul out the suitcases. Seeing them in the spare bedroom always makes me feel better - then I know I have less than a month 'till I cruise again.

Oh my gosh, I have never seen such a perfect match....beautiful and beautiful (person and dress)....add them up and you get "holy moly....look out!" Absolutely stunning, and I agree with the others....the radiance of it all comes from you. The dress is just the icing!

Have a fabulous time!

Tracy

Hi there Sue,

That is just a beautiful dress, very tropical and just says "cruise gown"..WOW!!!

You look beautiful in your photos, I wish you a wonderful cruise and a full and speedy recovery.

I have 2 friends who have had their breast removed, both had chemo, and both made a FULL recovery....one about 15 years since surgery, the other , 8 years since surgery, and they both are well and full of life!!

Very best wishes, hugs and lots of love to you.. and have a FANTASTIC cruise!!

S&D

Australia

41272307.gif.23fe7d5b685c1d37667df6fae5aefe15.gif

LOVE the dress and it looks gorgeous on you! One tip, because the dress is so colorful and busy, keep accessories to a bare minimum (simple earrings, bracelet if you want, no necklace but possibly a choker) and turquoise would be lovely.

LOVE the dress and it looks gorgeous on you! One tip, because the dress is so colorful and busy, keep accessories to a bare minimum (simple earrings, bracelet if you want, no necklace but possibly a choker) and turquoise would be lovely.

Thanks for the tip about jewellery, but I'll be going against your advice and wearing the locket I had on in the pics. I lost my son in a hiking accident 8 years ago. Mark was 13 and had gorgeous thick shoulder length hair, which he spent far too much time fussing over. Inside my locket is a picture of me sweetie, along with a lock of his hair. I only take the locket off to sleep, shower or swim - no exceptions. While it doesn't always go with my outfits - I feel better when he is around my neck. I plan to wear a simple turquoise bracelet my daughter bought me while she was living in Brazil and simple diamond stud earrings - a special gift from my husband. Sentimental jewellery for me.:)

Sue

Thanks for the tip about jewellery, but I'll be going against your advice and wearing the locket I had on in the pics. I lost my son in a hiking accident 8 years ago. Mark was 13 and had gorgeous thick shoulder length hair, which he spent far too much time fussing over. Inside my locket is a picture of me sweetie, along with a lock of his hair. I only take the locket off to sleep, shower or swim - no exceptions. While it doesn't always go with my outfits - I feel better when he is around my neck. I plan to wear a simple turquoise bracelet my daughter bought me while she was living in Brazil and simple diamond stud earrings - a special gift from my husband. Sentimental jewellery for me.:)

Sue

Sue, I think we would ALL AGREE sentimental jewelery is the exception

to the rule.

So sorry about your son......and I am sure he is probably looking

down on his beautiful Mom with a smile too.

Sue

That sounds like a great plan to me. I have a necklace that I wear everyday. I take it off if I want to wear something else to match an outfit and I left it at home for the cruise, but otherwise, I've worn most everyday for the year or so since my dad gave it to me :)

You'll look perfect with your locket.

Sue, I think we would ALL AGREE sentimental jewelery is the exception

to the rule.

So sorry about your son......and I am sure he is probably looking

down on his beautiful Mom with a smile too.

Exactly. Sentimental jewelry is the perfect accessory for everything!

Wow!!!! The dress is fabulous and you look absolutely stunning in it. Wishing you a wonderful, romantic cruise with your hubby. Enjoy every minute of it. Your terrific attitude will help tremendously on your road to recovery. Take it from one who has been there, good attitude along with loving supportive family and friends means everything. Best wishes to you, and please keep us informed of your progress. :) :)

It looks like you are going to the Academy Awards! You look absolutely beautiful. I would wear that dress evry day on the cruise. Nothing brightens up the pool like a beutiful woman in the dress of her dreams!

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!! You first and then "the dress". What a great wig and the dress is very glam...very red carpet! LOVE IT! ENJOY...I'd love to have that one when you're tired of it! LOL :)

Sue...we do love to dance...but since I now have arthritis in my back...(getting old SUCKS)..I'm not able to do the "getting down shimmy" that I used to do...oh well...we'll all do our best right???? Saw the pictures...awesome!!! LuAnn

You just be careful! When your husband sees you walk in and light up the Champagne Bar he's gonna start bawling like a baby! Then you, then your friends!!! I just wish I could be there to witness the most BEAUTIFUL MOMENT of the trip!!!

Good luck sweetie!!

You look wonderful in that dress and the wig looks great also, your husband will be one proud man that night. You are in my prayers (I have already sent one up for you). You also have a wonderful mother and daughter, do you know that?

I read this saying on the St. Maarten Port of Call board a few minutes ago, forgot who posted it, I hope I get is right.

"When prayers goes up, blessings come down"

God Bless You

Wow! What a find, that is a beautiful dress and the woman wearing it is even more beautiful. If I were you I would wear that dress a 100 times if I could, I have never found "the dress" yet! Still looking!

If anyone is on the cruise with you please snap a pic of hubby's reaction, it will be something to see.

Have a wonderful cruise.

You look absolutely spectacular - the colors are perfect for you -

You have a wonderful attitude and that's what it takes with what you're going thru.

I was also diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy - actually was in the hospital when my husband was also diagnosed with cancer of the bladder.

They only gave him 4 months to live and he made it for 5 years - a true gift.

My diagnosis was 23 years ago and I am blessed to have been able to survive to see my beautiful grandchildren!

Be sure and let us know how your husband reacts when you knock his socks off!!

Barbara

Archived