"THE" Dress

Sue,

I just posted about you the other day when we were discussing floral formals. I had no idea you were on your cruise.

I am sooo glad you had a great time. I think all of us could take a lesson from you to enjoy the HERE AND NOW.

What a champion you are. Hugs and Kudos to you and yours.

I just made a contribution to my girlfriend today. She will be in the "Walk for the Cure" on May 13th in SLC. I am going to send her a link to your story. She is a cruiser and will love to see how beautiful you look.

Hugs,

Brenda

Sue,

I just posted about you the other day when we were discussing floral formals. I had no idea you were on your cruise.

I am sooo glad you had a great time. I think all of us could take a lesson from you to enjoy the HERE AND NOW.

What a champion you are. Hugs and Kudos to you and yours.

I just made a contribution to my girlfriend today. She will be in the "Walk for the Cure" on May 13th in SLC. I am going to send her a link to your story. She is a cruiser and will love to see how beautiful you look.

Hugs,

Brenda

Thanks Brenda for your kind words. Our cruise was absolutely perfect. Saw the oncologist this morning and I am doing so well that she has shortened by chemo treatments by two - so I'll be finished chemo by mid July, then surgery and radiation. Hoping to do another cruise before Christmas.:)

I too am participating in our local "Walk for the Cure" in June. I'm also considering joining a local dragonboat team of breast cancer survivors. Hard work, but I think I'm up for another challenge. A year or so of hard training with a huge dragonboat extravaganza in Sept./07 in Australia as our reward. Think I must phone tomorrow (after my chemo) and seriously look into this.

Give your friend a hug from me - I'm rooting for her.

Sue, I am doing the same Mexican Riviera cruise on Vision in October, but a different week, over Halloween. I will have JUST missed you and would have loved to meet you!

Have I seen you over on the CLF board?

Be sure to keep us posted on your recovery!

I remember when you first posted about "to Wig or Not to Wig".

Your beatiful personality shines through either way!!!

I'm so glad you had a great cruise. 12 out of 10 is great!!!!!

I am so glad that you followed up with this post!!!! I was waiting for weeks to see the "wig and no wig" formals.

I had posted about floral formals, and I shoudl have asked the question abut "Print formals", and this one is absolutely stunning!!!!!

Take care, please stay in touch with all of us, even if your next cruise is not right around the corner.

Saw the oncologist this morning and I am doing so well that she has shortened by chemo treatments by two - so I'll be finished chemo by mid July, then surgery and radiation. Hoping to do another cruise before Christmas.:)

That is the BEST news!! Congratulations and keep up that great attitude! I'm sure it's a contributing factor in your rapid recovery!

:) Hi, I agree with all the other gals....you look absolutely

gorgeous! (and the dress isnt too bad either:D ;) )

So glad you had such a great time!!!! A 12 out of 10? Can't

get much better than that!!!!:)

And of course wishing you the most important thing of all......

GOOD HEALTH for the future!

Suzanne...Kenneth and I were on the cruise to the Panama Canal with Sue and Rick!! We had the best time with them! They both have a wonderful attitude about life, health, fun and the spirtual aspect of it all as well! See you on the Infinity board..I'll write to you there re the Alaska cruise to come and we'll keep working on 08 reunion! LuAnn

Sue, beautiful dress, great story, wonderful pics! I think you looked wonderful without your wig!

I am a radiologic technologist and I do mammography for a living. I see so many success stories, so many women who are long time survivors...keep up your great attitude! You can wear that dress again, even after that mastectomy, I have seen some great reconstructions. Thank you for sharing your story!

First I must appologize that I did not read this story sooner or write when it was first posted. If I would have, I would have posted sooner. But being of the philosophy "it's never to late", I want to post to you now.

Your story brought tears to my eyes. Your courage is an inspiration. I'm so sorry about the loss of your son, but I know he was there with you in spirit as I'm a big believer in this.

I wore a wig the whole time I went through treatment. Not because of vanity, because I didn't want certain people to know. The circles that we socialize in, it would have gotten out and that was a no no to me for many personal reasons that I won't get into as it related to me and my DH solely.

I did see the loss of hair on a positive side as not having bad hair days, not having to shave legs etc. I tried to find a positive side to all of it.

My oncologist believes in the power of positive thinking. You must also. This is not an option, you must believe you will win the battle. I know you can do it and I know you will win.

Since I don't work, my hubby raises money every year for denim day, we just had ours last tuesday once again.

I will mention you to my "prayer group" and I know you will be added to their prayers so you will have a lot of people from all over sending you loads of positive healing energies.

As a fellow bc survivor (you are now a member of this elite group) you must focus at the light at the end of the tunnel. You must focus on wearing that beautiful dress again.

You are a beautiful with and without hair. The courage you give to others like the lady on the ship will live on forever and ever and that is what makes you truely beautiful. You will live to tell your story for many many more healthy years to come to give inspiration, hope and courage to those that will need it, not just for cancer but for whatever crops up. People will say, if she could beat cancer, I can beat it and whatever else crops up.

The power is within you to beat this and you will. You CAN DO IT, I know you can.

I wish you a very speedy and complete recovery and may you have many many more healthy and happy cruises coming your way. Focus on that "celebration end of chemo cruise", focus on the "5 year celebration cruise" focus on the "10 year celebration cruise" etc etc.

You look beautiful - with and without the wig. I just went through all this stuff myself and found THE DRESS after surgery and reconstruction. I was diagnosed in August 2004 and by October 2005 I had new boobs, new hair (just started growing in and VERY short but people thought I was trendy) and a new dress (cut very low) and DH and I went on our best cruise ever. I'm almost to two years out and I know you can do it too.

I read your post about the bad report and will post there too. You can still beat this thing and I know all of your friends from cruise critic will be praying for you.

Lisa

Archived