Cunard wants to plan your wardrobe!

3rdGenCunarder

Did anyone else receive this email? They want to "curate your fashion-forward wardrobe" by selling you used clothing. Actually, Cunard isn't doing the selling. They've got a deal with some "expert" to find "pre-loved" clothing. Only 100 ladies can sign up for this service. Sorry, gents, you'll have to sort out your wardrobes for yourselves. I think it's funny that they're calling it "fashion-forward" when it's clothing that isn't new and appears to be inspired by vintage design. I have no problem with thrift store finds or vintage clothing, but I prefer to do my own shopping.

I don't know what the fee is, but I suspect it's hefty. Lots of caveats in the T&C. One is that if you choose something from the pics they send and it's already been bought, they can't get you another one. If you don't find anything you like at all, the fee is not refundable. 

Here's the start of the email and a link to the page.

Pre-loved styling with Circle of Style

We are proud to unveil our exclusive capsule cruise collection and styling service, a collaboration between Cunard®, pioneer of second‑hand fashion Bay Garnett, and the pre-loved styling service, Circle of Style.

Circle of Style (cunard.com)

I can’t see where it says there are no refunds. It just says no compensation  if the item is not available. I am sure U K trading standards would not allow a  blanket no refund policy of some description especially if the item was no longer available. They can’t just take your money and say sorry refund, no can do. 

Edited by Winifred 22

37 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I can’t see where it says there are no refunds. It just says no compensation  if the item is not available. I am sure U K trading standards would not allow a  blanket no refund policy of some description especially if the item was no longer available. They can’t just take your money and say sorry refund, no can do. 

Out of interest as I was really amused after reading the Vogue Australia link, I looked at the Circle site and maybe the non refundable bit  3rdGenCunarder is referring to is the initial fee which to be fair isn't expensive at all and is, I would imagine, non refundable.

I have come across pay a fee for a selection of brand new clothes curated for you to choose from, and this is no different other than the fact the clothes are 'pre loved' but I feel this is a bit of a gimmick as far as Cunard is concerned.

Edited by Victoria2

My understanding is the consulting fees for this Circle of Style styling and curation service are being waived for the first 100 customers who sign up using the promotion code provided by Cunard. After those first 100 customers have been accepted, the standard consulting fees would apply for anyone who wished to sign up for that service directly with Circle of Style and presumably then those fees would be non-refundable. From the Terms and Conditions:

"Access to the free styling and curation service is limited to a maximum of 100 customers, on a first-come, first-served basis, so once 100 people have pre-registered to receive the service from Circle of Style, it will no longer be available (although Circle of Style may offer a similar service separately on a chargeable basis)."

Edited by bluemarble

7 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

My understanding is the consulting fees for this Circle of Style styling and curation service are being waived for the first 100 customers who sign up using the promotion code provided by Cunard. After those first 100 customers have been accepted, the standard consulting fees would apply for anyone who wished to sign up for that service directly with Circle of Style and presumably then those fees would be non-refundable. From the Terms and Conditions:

"Access to the free styling and curation service is limited to a maximum of 100 customers, on a first-come, first-served basis, so once 100 people have pre-registered to receive the service from Circle of Style, it will no longer be available (although Circle of Style may offer a similar service separately on a chargeable basis)."

Correct. The non refundable element will be for the 101st  person onwards. It’s one way for a company to reach a wider audience I suppose.

• Like 1

I received the email and enjoyed the curated collection . What a creative approach to cruise wardrobing. But alas, I would have participated in the past, but after the big Covid interruption, lengthy cruising opportunities are limited. 

(Still clipping tags off purchases from2019 that never got to take a trip!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Napagirl said:

I received the email but was unable to sign up. It asked for a code which I have not received. I guess they thought I'm already stylish enough!

I think you'll find the code listed at the end of the "Terms and conditions" after you follow the "Learn more" link in the email to reach the "Cunard Capsule Cruise Collection" page on the Cunard website.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I think you'll find the code listed at the end of the "Terms and conditions" after you follow the "Learn more" link in the email to reach the "Cunard Capsule Cruise Collection" page on the Cunard website.

Thank you, I found it! I'm all signed up - now let's see how it goes

• Like 2

I received the email and looked at all the material with interest, but I fear most of the items will be in sizes I can no longer wear. 😉 There were some fashions best left in the past (remember the white track suit with the bright pink splashes and elastic around the ankles that were made of unbreathable material).

I visited the website to see what they were recommending. At first I was surprised because the clothing was all over the map, and not what I had put in my info. I had said no to shorts and skirts, and yet there were many of those being offered. I then noticed that there were many more questions I could answer and info I can submit that was not at the original intake. So I have added those and now we see if it gets better.

Even so, there were several pieces I did like. I haven't gone so far as to check out the return policies. The clothing isn't cheap and I'd hate to spend a lot of money and be stuck with clothing that doesn't fit or work. 

• Like 1