POT smoking on balcony?

9 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I don’t personally have a prescription, and I wasn’t talking about the state where the patient lives. I said if it is legal in the state where the ship is sailing from. Sorry I wasn’t clear enough.

ETA: For example, ships sailing from NY and California.

Sorry for misunderstanding!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I don’t personally have a prescription, and I wasn’t talking about the state where the patient lives. I said if it is legal in the state where the ship is sailing from. Sorry I wasn’t clear enough.

ETA: For example, ships sailing from NY and California.

And what about if that ship is heading to a port where the substances are illegal? When you vacation on something that moves the issue becomes more complicated than the laws of the embarkation location.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I’m impressed….where do you find the time to report all those people speeding on the highway? 😉

So, you think laws don't apply to you or anyone?  But, just for your peace of mind I have never reported anyone for a traffic violation.  I may have called them names for being idiots, but beyond that, nope.  You do you, but don't lose your ***t when you get caught.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

And what about if that ship is heading to a port where the substances are illegal? When you vacation on something that moves the issue becomes more complicated than the laws of the embarkation location.

Confiscation and disposal would still be sufficient to prevent running afoul of the next country’s laws. Arrest, removal and banning are a cruise lines decision. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BND said:

So, you think laws don't apply to you or anyone?  But, just for your peace of mind I have never reported anyone for a traffic violation.  I may have called them names for being idiots, but beyond that, nope.  You do you, but don't lose your ***t when you get caught.

Note the winking emoji and lighten up. I never said the laws don’t apply to me. 

5 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Confiscation and disposal would still be sufficient to prevent running afoul of the next country’s laws. Arrest, removal and banning are a cruise lines decision. 

I see it as the severity of the cruise line response is proportional to the importance of the issue to them. RCI makes their policy on illegal drugs pretty clear. If someone is stupid enough to test the system and they get caught oh well.

• Like 3

I see it as the severity of the cruise line response is proportional to the importance of the issue to them. RCI makes their policy on illegal drugs pretty clear. If someone is stupid enough to test the system and they get caught oh well.

Again, CBD gummies are not illegal. It is a cruise line policy. 

5 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Again, CBD gummies are not illegal. It is a cruise line policy. 

Their ship... their rules I guess. Obviously they can't have someone arrested, as you claimed, if they did nothing illegal in the jurisdiction of the ship's location.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Their ship... their rules I guess. Obviously they can't have someone arrested, as you claimed, if they did nothing illegal in the jurisdiction of the ship's location.

Also, not all CBD oil is legal in all states.  AND many that CBD is legal in have certain restrictions such as the THC content can't exceed over ~.03%.

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Also, not all CBD oil is legal in all states.  AND many that CBD is legal in have certain restrictions such as the THC content can't exceed over ~.03%.

I'm also pretty sure not many people are versed on the CBD laws of destination countries. I give the cruise lines the benefit of the doubt on this issue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm also pretty sure not many people are versed on the CBD laws of destination countries. I give the cruise lines the benefit of the doubt on this issue.

EXACTLY!

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 11:07 PM, toxicfairy said:

With it being legal in so many states now it's pretty much everywhere.  I personally don't partake,  couldn't if I wanted to, I have asthma. HOWEVER I'd much rather smell pot smoke and get a Lil buzzzz than have to smell cigarette smoke that lingers and the smell catches on everything! 

Also the people smoking weed are going to be much more mellow than the people trying to get their monies worth out of their drink package😉

It doesn’t matter if it’s legal in some states. What matters is that it’s illegal in some countries that Royal goes to and also against Royals rules.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I’m not advocating it should be allowed if there’s a chance it will be illegal in one of the ports. I’m just saying treat it like an iron or booze, except obviously not give it back at the end of the cruise since it would have to be destroyed to avoid the cruise line bringing it to an illegal place. No need to get extra by banning and such. 

Its simple its cruise ship policy end off. 

Just like selling booze in port  in the middle east. You cant buy a alcoholic drink untill the ship sails into international waters. 

The country decides what you can and cant do in their territory and the cruise ship decides what you can and cant do in international waters with guidance from maritime law. 

Time people started to respect those laws and stopped being selfish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I’m not advocating it should be allowed if there’s a chance it will be illegal in one of the ports. I’m just saying treat it like an iron or booze, except obviously not give it back at the end of the cruise since it would have to be destroyed to avoid the cruise line bringing it to an illegal place. No need to get extra by banning and such. 

I don't think RCI suffers any penalties for sailing into a port with an iron or bottle of booze aboard. They seem to have their reasons for taking such a hard stand on this matter don't you think?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think RCI suffers any penalties for sailing into a port with an iron or bottle of booze aboard. They seem to have their reasons for taking such a hard stand on this matter don't you think?

Not only that, people who tend to break the rules tend to hide their contraband in their own space (on a cruise ship that happens to be their cabin) and then forget or just don't care where they put it at the end of their vacation/event/whatever and just leave it where hidden.  What happens then?  Well, the next innocent people that move in stand a chance of the stuff being found by a crew member and or government official and are wrongly accused of bringing the stuff onboard or wherever.  Unfortunately, there are far too many folks who don't see beyond their own nose and/or don't care about THEIR OWN actions or others.  

Many other things can affect other folks legally, health-wise, convenience, and/or just plain old comfort.  It all, usually, boils down to just everyday plain old selfishness.  Soooooooo many folks who are the most rabid anti-tobacco smokers (I'm neither a tobacco smoker nor MJ smoker/eater) are the first to defend MJ smoking!

FULL DISCLOSURE:  I do enjoy a celebrity cigar once or twice a year and always in an authorized area/zone.

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Not only that, people who tend to break the rules tend to hide their contraband in their own space (on a cruise ship that happens to be their cabin) and then forget or just don't care where they put it at the end of their vacation/event/whatever and just leave it where hidden.  What happens then?  Well, the next innocent people that move in stand a chance of the stuff being found by a crew member and or government official and are wrongly accused of bringing the stuff onboard or wherever.  Unfortunately, there are far too many folks who don't see beyond their own nose and/or don't care about THEIR OWN actions or others.  

Many other things can affect other folks legally, health-wise, convenience, and/or just plain old comfort.  It all, usually, boils down to just everyday plain old selfishness.  Soooooooo many folks who are the most rabid anti-tobacco smokers (I'm neither a tobacco smoker nor MJ smoker/eater) are the first to defend MJ smoking!

You made some great points. I've never even considered that there could have been something left behind in the cabin that I just moved into.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I agree.   Putting myself in the position of a decision maker at Royal.   Would I really want as a customer someone that would bring skunk weed on a cruise?    No.   I also would permanently ban anyone that I could prove was smoking (anything) where they shouldn't be.   Also, anyone deliberately harming the ship.   With pot, and cigarettes and vandalism, you can't plead ignorance.   People should assume they are banned unless you learn otherwise. 

On the other hand, people that bring a clothes steamer on the ship, those you just confiscate the steamer.   

Edited by HappyTexan44

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Are people only reading parts of my posts? I specifically said, except that the items would have to be destroyed upon being confiscated. That means, different from the iron and booze I mentioned as examples.

4 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I agree.   Putting myself in the position of a decision maker at Royal.   Would I really want as a customer someone that would bring skunk weed on a cruise?    No.   I also would permanently ban anyone that I could prove was smoking where they shouldn't be.   Also, anyone deliberately harming the ship.   With pot, and cigarettes and vandalism, you can't plead ignorance.   People should assume they are banned unless you learn otherwise. 

On the other hand, people that bring a clothes steamer on the ship, those you just confiscate the steamer.   

Once again, talking about CBD gummies. Not smoking weed.

8 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Are people only reading parts of my posts? I specifically said, except that the items would have to be destroyed upon being confiscated. That means, different from the iron and booze I mentioned as examples.

Actually it seems that you might be the one reading only partial posts, just saying.

• Like 2