Included Crew Appreciation

Tedferg

We have not sailed HAL and last week was browsing some California Coastal early next year. Prices looked OK with Crew Appreciation included - I do not see this today. I guess that was a promotion. Does HAL do this frequently

Edited by Tedferg

@Tedferg HAL runs different promos one after another! Sometimes low deposits, upgraded Have-It-All, and yes crew appreciation. Things like credit toward air, etc. Sort of like throwing darts at a dartboard...

Last week was CyberWeek and had the included grats and I think $25pp deposits on at least some cruises. Sorry you missed it! You can wait for the next promo or jump in now.

The 6 and 7 day California Coastal (early 2025) are still within the Early Booking Bonus time and have upgraded HIA and paid crew incentive, if that is of interest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

The 6 and 7 day California Coastal (early 2025) are still within the Early Booking Bonus time and have upgraded HIA and paid crew incentive, if that is of interest.

Must check that out, never thought of looking out that far

ETA OK so HIA at regular price but upgraded to Full package, also Crew Appreciation, right?

How long does Early Booking last - is this always a HAL feature?

Edited by Tedferg

42 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

ETA OK so HIA at regular price but upgraded to Full package, also Crew Appreciation, right?

I think it's 60 or 90 days from launch, or it may go by "quarters" (which would be about 90 days). Or it may not always be the same and be longer, depending on which dartboard they are trying!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Must check that out, never thought of looking out that far

I feel like it must be available for cruises at least a year in the future. My cruise, that I book in May, leaves 12/18/24 and currently is still show the early booking is available. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I think it's 60 or 90 days from launch, or it may go by "quarters" (which would be about 90 days). Or it may not always be the same and be longer, depending on which dartboard they are trying!

I think the right answer on availability of early booking is “until HAL decides to end it.”

I understood it to be within 90 days from launch, but we booked an April 2025 transpacific in March of this year with the early booking bonus. Just checked about price drops during the Black Friday event (it went down by $5…total, not per day) and early booking was still being offered 8+ months after we did our booking. 

We did get the Mariner OBC for booking within 60 (?) days of launch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

I think the right answer on availability of early booking is “until HAL decides to end it.”

I understood it to be within 90 days from launch, but we booked an April 2025 transpacific in March of this year with the early booking bonus. Just checked about price drops during the Black Friday event (it went down by $5…total, not per day) and early booking was still being offered 8+ months after we did our booking. 

I don't think early booking bonus ever had a defined timeline from launch date like the early Mariner OBC does. It seems to generally be in the order of a year from sailing to be eligible (much longer than 90 days from launch)

For example if I search on the eligible EBB cruises of 7 days or less, it is sitting at one year out (Nov 30 2024 is the earliest I see). For long cruises, it seems to stretch back into September 2024 to be eligible for EBB. 

5 hours ago, ExArkie said:

4 hours ago, rodndonna said:

I don't think early booking bonus ever had a defined timeline from launch date like the early Mariner OBC does. It seems to generally be in the order of a year from sailing to be eligible (much longer than 90 days from launch)

Yes I think I (repeatedly) confuse EBB with Mariner OBC and even Welcome Back promo! Can't understand why I am befuddled...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Yes I think I (repeatedly) confuse EBB with Mariner OBC and even Welcome Back promo! Can't understand why I am befuddled...

I think it is because Early BB and Early Mariner both are associated with booking early, and the Early Mariner OBC is just not well known (not many people are booking "that" early generally)

At least it's not as confusing (to me anyway) as NCL's two bonus certificates available for purchase - CruiseNext and CruiseFirst..... I would tell you the difference but I inevitably have to go back and read what it is again (someone posts a question to clarify on CC weekly...  ) 

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2023 at 9:29 AM, kazu said:

In a way - it’s a bonus available to any Mariner if they book a cruise within it’’s first 60 days of being announced.

Jaqui There are so many bonus offers that HAL gives out it is hard to rember em  them all . .  Many times we have toremind  HAL to give us our AARP bonus  in newly booked cruises & we had been told that our Mariner number pulls all outr entitled bonus but ,that turns out not to be true ,ala the AARP which we must ask  to get through our TA  . We never take the HIA plan because we are not drinkers & it seems to me that for it to be worthwhile a person needs to consume  several alcohol drinks per day