Question About Summit

GranysT

I cruised on Equinox, back in September. My very first Celebrity cruise, and I loved it. Now I'm cruising on Summit, in January. Of the two ships which one is bigger, or newer? Or are they both about the same? Any information is appreciated.

13 minutes ago, GranysT said:

I cruised on Equinox, back in September. My very first Celebrity cruise, and I loved it. Now I'm cruising on Summit, in January. Of the two ships which one is bigger, or newer? Or are they both about the same? Any information is appreciated.

Equinox is S class ship. Bigger (~122 GTW). Newer 2009. Not completely revolutionized.

Summit is M class ship. Smaller (~90,000 GTW). Older 2001. Completely revolutionized. 

We've cruised on both and like both. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, doghog said:

Equinox is S class ship. Bigger (~122 GTW). Newer 2009. Not completely revolutionized.

Summit is M class ship. Smaller (~90,000 GTW). Older 2001. Completely revolutionized. 

We've cruised on both and like both. 

We also have cruised on both in the past 12 months.  We enjoy both, but they each have differences we appreciate.  (We are not E-class fans due to us enjoying the lower level vibes of the S and M class ships.  We cruise to relax. If we want high energy, we stay home😂)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

We also have cruised on both in the past 12 months.  We enjoy both, but they each have differences we appreciate.  (We are not E-class fans due to us enjoying the lower level vibes of the S and M class ships.  We cruise to relax. If we want high energy, we stay home😂)

We like the similarities and differences between the S, M and E class ships. We always book for the intinaries not the ships.  That's why I didn't recommend one over the other. 

Edited by doghog

4 minutes ago, doghog said:

We like the similarities and differences between the S, M and E class ships. We always book for the intinaries not the ships.  That's why I didn't recommend one over the other. 

Right on, doghog!!  For some cruisers, itineraries may be of primary importance; for others, what the ship has to offer; and of course, there are cruisers who have a preference for a particular class of ship AND an itinerary.  DH and I are strictly into the class of ship since frequently, we don't get off the ship at a port since we have visited most over the past 15 years.

19 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Right on, doghog!!  For some cruisers, itineraries may be of primary importance; for others, what the ship has to offer; and of course, there are cruisers who have a preference for a particular class of ship AND an itinerary.  DH and I are strictly into the class of ship since frequently, we don't get off the ship at a port since we have visited most over the past 15 years.

Agree. All personal preferences. 

• Like 1

I cruised on Summit in April and June and I cruised on Equinox in September. While I tend to like the S-class ships slightly better, the service on Summit was far better in my opinion. Summit has a more laid back and homey vibe and I find her generally more quiet than Equinox. 

• Like 1

Summit is older, and smaller, but that means nothing.  This ship is all about service.  Very friendly, professional crew. Always working, cleaning etc. Excellent bar service, and a top rated, award winning buffet.  Easy ship to navigate..On our cruises, it was majority 60 yr old plus, as far as passenger age.   We have sailed with her many times and are booked again for 2/25...

• Like 3

I love the Solarium pool on the Summit - those bubbling pipes are wonderful! Also love the layout of the buffet area - so well marked & the way it is organized it prevents long lines. Overall, a very sweet ship & I am anxiously awaiting its schedule for 2025!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doghog said:

We were surprised the Rendezvous Lounge wasn't part of the Summit revolution.

At least they left comfortable chairs In Rendezvous.  Comfort wasn't a consideration in the Retreat makeover so we gather for predinner drinks in Rendezvous instead.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

At least they left comfortable chairs In Rendezvous.  Comfort wasn't a consideration in the Retreat makeover so we gather for predinner drinks in Rendezvous instead.  

Can't comment on the Retreat chairs but agree about the chairs in the RL.