Kahului cab or lyft options from port

PRPLE

We will be docking in Kahului … I just booked a helicopter tour so need options to get us from the port to Kahului Heliport and back 

How common are lyft/uber in the area?  What about taxis at the port?  Should we schedule ahead with someone or just wing it?

appreciate your insights as I figure this out

1 hour ago, PRPLE said:

appreciate your insights as I figure this out

In Kahului, since it is near the main airport, there tends to be a fairly steady supply of Uber and Lyft (Uber tends to have a bit more drivers but both are available). Other parts of the island the general rule is that Uber/Lyft service can be spotty (think 15-20 minute waits) and availability is better in the evening than the morning. 

But around the Kahului you should be fine with either at any time of day. For a shorter ride like this Uber/Lyft would be the way to go. I tend to only reserve a taxi for longer trips (like when I go from OGG to Kaanapali). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

PRPLE, have you been on your Hawaiian cruise yet?

I had the exact same question about trying to either reserve a taxi or Uber/Lyft so that we could go from the cruise port to the heliport for our helicopter tour. The guy I talked to at the helicopter company said that it might be preferable to reserve a taxi because they couldn't cancel on you. Our helicopter tour is at 7:30 am on our second day in Kahului, Maui (we arrive the day before and are docked overnight).

Thanks!