Party of 5 reservation at Sabatini (Enchanted Princess) - impossible to make

Itchy&Scratchy

I tried making a reservation for 5 at Sabatini, and it will not let me book a table, unless I remove a person. If I make a reservation for 4, every day and every time slot is available. But if I try booking 5 people, it's a no go.

What should I do? Do they even have tables for 5? If not, should I make a reservation for 2 and 3, or 4 and 1? And then, once onboard, I could ask to accommodate us? Or should we just go to MDR?

Catch by Rudi and Crown Grill do not have this problem. However, my kid strongly despises seafood, so he chose Sabatini instead of Catch.

Also, when I make a specialty rest reservation, it says all 5 of us are covered by dining credit. I believe that only the first 2 people on the reservation have the Premier package, and the third one is out of luck. So, what dining credit is the 3rd person getting? It's perplexing. Is it taken out of the unrelated OBC?

Thanks!

Make a 2 and a 3, and then when you get on board, speak to the host at the restaurant.  There should be someone with an i-Pad standing outside the venue as people board.  We could make a reservation for 3, but the app told us that "one of our party would be seated at a separate table."  As if.  When I met with the host, in two seconds she confirmed that we would all be at the same table.  It's not like the venue sells out.  They will be able to arrange your table. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are currently on the Enchanted.  Sabatini's has not been busy at all.  You should not have any issues making your arrangements once you are onboard.

thank you, but you are sailing between school breaks right now. 🙂 We will be traveling during a school break, when ships are usually super full. 🙂

I will make reservations when I get onboard, though, or closer to sailing date when MDR menus are available on the app, since we don't want to miss our favorites.

Just now, Itchy&Scratchy said:

thank you, but you are sailing between school breaks right now. 🙂 We will be traveling during a school break, when ships are usually super full. 🙂

I will make reservations when I get onboard, though, or closer to sailing date when MDR menus are available on the app, since we don't want to miss our favorites.

FWIW, we have cruised lots during school holidays with our 9 yr old granddaughter (she will be Elite on her next cruise) and you usually do not see many kids in the specialty restaurants.  🤷‍♂️

Enjoy your vacation!  🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, happy42cruise said:

I am also not a fan of fish but the menu at Catch by Rudi had other things available that looked interesting so you might see if he likes anything on it before you move it off the list.

thank you, we looked at the menu, and unfortunately, it's definitely a no go for him. 🙂

It's fine. He loves pasta, so Sabatini is the way to go. He already picked out what he wants from their menu. 

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 12/6/2023 at 6:03 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I tried making a reservation for 5 at Sabatini, and it will not let me book a table, unless I remove a person. If I make a reservation for 4, every day and every time slot is available. But if I try booking 5 people, it's a no go.

What should I do? Do they even have tables for 5? If not, should I make a reservation for 2 and 3, or 4 and 1? And then, once onboard, I could ask to accommodate us? Or should we just go to MDR?

Catch by Rudi and Crown Grill do not have this problem. However, my kid strongly despises seafood, so he chose Sabatini instead of Catch.

Also, when I make a specialty rest reservation, it says all 5 of us are covered by dining credit. I believe that only the first 2 people on the reservation have the Premier package, and the third one is out of luck. So, what dining credit is the 3rd person getting? It's perplexing. Is it taken out of the unrelated OBC?

Thanks!

Did you try 6?  You are going to need a 6-top anyway.  Oops, I suppose you do not have a phantom 6th person to add.

I would not book a 2 and a 3 - doesn't make sense and blocks 2 tables for no reason.  Book for 4 and go to the restaurant very soon after boarding and explain situation and they can likely (hopefully?) find another table.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 5:26 PM, Steelers36 said:

I would not book a 2 and a 3 - doesn't make sense and blocks 2 tables for no reason.

But there IS a reason.  To get 5 people seated. Upon arrival on boarding day, a 30 second conversation with the host will result in the two reservations being combined, and when the staff sets up the tables on the evening in question, a table for 5 will be set.  It's not as if the two reservations will actually block 2 tables.  That's not how reservations work.  When one makes a reservation, the system counts heads.  It doesn't block specific tables.  

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

But there IS a reason.  To get 5 people seated. Upon arrival on boarding day, a 30 second conversation with the host will result in the two reservations being combined, and when the staff sets up the tables on the evening in question, a table for 5 will be set.  It's not as if the two reservations will actually block 2 tables.  That's not how reservations work.  When one makes a reservation, the system counts heads.  It doesn't block specific tables.  

He already stated he couldn't make 5.  He was going to book a 2 and a 3, but obviously someone else in the party would have to make the second.

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

He already stated he couldn't make 5.  He was going to book a 2 and a 3, but obviously someone else in the party would have to make the second.

Yes.  But you said that booking a 2 and 3 is not advised, when in fact it is the best way to reserve the space needed.

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Yes.  But you said that booking a 2 and 3 is not advised, when in fact it is the best way to reserve the space needed.

I guess we agree to disagree.  I think it is unfair for a guest to block multiple small tables as an effort to get in the door.  I recall a post where the poster was contemplating booking three tables.  Maybe the restaurant should seat people trying this separately.  There is no guarantee a 6-top will be available to swap to.