Theft around the ship?

zitsky

On 12/9/2023 at 11:39 AM, hcat said:

our  7 yr old grandson, who is tech saavy, loves all the print fan mags for Pokemon.. .nice posters!

He will also learn script..So sad to see grown ups sign  papers in print!

Travel mags and natl geographic are nicer in print

Reading is fun on a tablet/ kindle but some books are worth putting on our book shelves!

Kids are still learning cursive in school. They are also learning how to develop apps and studying the cultures of countries I didn’t hear of until I was in my 20s. They are studying amazing things in science and being challenged in math.

if someone prefers to print instead of writing in cursive, I don’t think it’s sad. I think it’s just their preference these new generations know more by the time they’re 10 then I did when I was 20.

but I agree with you on the magazines lol I read almost everything on my iPad but when I’m in an airport, it feels luxurious to grab a handful and think of my old days of hanging out in a bookstore. 

On 12/10/2023 at 3:14 PM, zitsky said:

They’re for all the pages I rip out of magazines.  🙂

It is a lot easier to carry one iPad instead of 10 magazines.  But you don’t need to recharge paper.

I also think it’s good to have one or two magazines because if I’m reading on deck and it’s really sunny, sometimes the iPad is trouble. I do have a Kindle but I really  like that zoom instead of using reading glasses lol.

1 hour ago, jobinhume said:

I also think it’s good to have one or two magazines because if I’m reading on deck and it’s really sunny, sometimes the iPad is trouble. I do have a Kindle but I really  like that zoom instead of using reading glasses lol.

The 2017 iPad Pro I bought has a better screen than my 2018 9.7.  Not perfect but the Pro has better anti reflection screen.  And is laminated.

On 12/30/2023 at 12:43 PM, Peteymil said:

I tend to worry less on the ship because there are a lot of cameras.

Where were those so called cameras when she stole my Chanel sunglasses right from my lounger?  I was chatting with her in the pool and she kept looking at them: a half hour later they were gone. Totally my fault for bringing anything valuable on board but it was my second cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Where were those so called cameras when she stole my Chanel sunglasses right from my lounger?  I was chatting with her in the pool and she kept looking at them: a half hour later they were gone. Totally my fault for bringing anything valuable on board but it was my second cruise. 

I said I tend to worry less, I didn't say I don't worry at all. I'm sorry somebody took them, unfortunately it was just too tempting for somebody without a conscience!

On 12/7/2023 at 9:02 AM, zitsky said:

Is theft much of a problem on Celebrity?  If say you hide your locked Kindle under a towel at the pool for 15 minutes?

What is a Kindle?  Is that a relative of the Commodore 64?😃

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Did you go to guest services?

18 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Did you go to guest services?

Yes but nothing turned in. Same situation with my grandsons reef flip flops taken while he was in the hot tub. We went to pool attendant and guest services twice. Had I not insisted he bring a pair of runners he would have been barefoot leaving the ship. What is it with people, do they just help themselves to whatever they want? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I leave my good jewelry at home..you never know!  Why tempt strangers?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, jobinhume said:

Kids are still learning cursive in school. They are also learning how to develop apps and studying the cultures of countries I didn’t hear of until I was in my 20s. They are studying amazing things in science and being challenged in math.

if someone prefers to print instead of writing in cursive, I don’t think it’s sad. I think it’s just their preference these new generations know more by the time they’re 10 then I did when I was 20.

but I agree with you on the magazines lol I read almost everything on my iPad but when I’m in an airport, it feels luxurious to grab a handful and think of my old days of hanging out in a bookstore. 

no cursive taught in  public school..LI. NY.,  and no  foreign language yet.. 2nd grade . Reading not so much either.

Lots of  feelings "fiddle faddle!" and time out to breathe...

BUT  our 7 yr grandson old goes to Stem camp and can  build and program a bot! The 4 yr old can build lots of stuff!

Different world!

Edited by hcat

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

I leave my good jewelry at home..you never know!  Why tempt strangers?

I do take some nice jewelry with me but lock it in safe when not using.